Hey, I'm a noob. Is Japanese input on the 8820 REALLY possible?

I just bought a T Mobile Blackberry 8820 in the U.S.
    This board won't let me link too its own threads (irony bomb) cause I'm still a noob, but I've tried everything on the threads I've found here...

I have downloaded the newest OS that is East Asia and the closest I get is reading Japanese and input for chinese and korean...close, but not quite Japanese input.

I've tried copying CJK.ALX files but still no Japanese input option, any help? I need to know if its possible to get Japanese input on this t mobile US phone, if not I need to return it soon!
    02-28-09 02:12 AM
    Greetings and welcome to CB! Click on keyboard Alt button and Enter button simultaneously. A popup will be displayed to offer you select a language to be used when you type text. If there is no japanese language listed - contact your wireless provider and/or go to its web-site to download and install device OS with japanese language support.

You might also try this link, but it looks like their is monthly fee from T-Mobile:

T-Mobile Downloads - Get More from Your Handheld
    02-28-09 05:59 AM
    I'm not that much of a noob...alt enter won't work because it doesn't show up as a language of input in the east asia language pack, and when I install CJK.alx files it still doesn't show up as an option.

I know about metamessage, but I refuse to pay $10 a month for an option that I've heard people have installed on their phones for free.
    02-28-09 12:21 PM
    I don't blame you for not wanting to pay for the service. Perhaps you can find it free somewhere as you eluded to in your post. If not, one more suggestion would be to try re-installing the East Asian Language pack. Perhaps something went wrong during the install as Japanese Romaji is supposed to be an option. I know you mentioned you are not a noob ... but here are the steps anyhow in case others may be having the same issue.

The following steps indicate how to install the East Asian Language pack.

From your wireless service provider's website, download the BlackBerry Device Software for your BlackBerry smartphone that includes the East Asian Language pack.

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

2. Select the application loader tool.

3. Open Add/Remove Programs. At this point BlackBerry Desktop Manager confirms the BlackBerry Device Software version you installed is specific to the wireless service provider that you purchased the BlackBerry smartphone from.

4. From the Device Application Select screen, locate East Asian Language and Input Support.

5. Select the language you want to install.

6. Click Next. The installation will begin.

Once the BlackBerry Device Software is installed, on the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following:

1. Go to Options.

2. Under Input Language, select the language that was installed.

3. Save your changes.

4. Compose an email message to test the input language.

Good Luck! I hope you get it to work.
    02-28-09 02:17 PM
    I don't blame you for not wanting to pay for the service. Perhaps you can find it free somewhere as you eluded to in your post. If not, one more suggestion would be to try re-installing the East Asian Language pack. Perhaps something went wrong during the install as Japanese Romaji is supposed to be an option. I know you mentioned you are not a noob ... but here are the steps anyhow in case others may be having the same issue.

The following steps indicate how to install the East Asian Language pack.

From your wireless service provider's website, download the BlackBerry Device Software for your BlackBerry smartphone that includes the East Asian Language pack.

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

2. Select the application loader tool.

3. Open Add/Remove Programs. At this point BlackBerry Desktop Manager confirms the BlackBerry Device Software version you installed is specific to the wireless service provider that you purchased the BlackBerry smartphone from.

4. From the Device Application Select screen, locate East Asian Language and Input Support.

5. Select the language you want to install.

6. Click Next. The installation will begin.

Once the BlackBerry Device Software is installed, on the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following:

1. Go to Options.

2. Under Input Language, select the language that was installed.

3. Save your changes.

4. Compose an email message to test the input language.

Good Luck! I hope you get it to work.

Dear friend, I've installed the newest Blackberry Desktop Software. But On the application loader section, it doesn't show any Language install options. There's just a list of some applications installed in my device (such as, beebuzz).
    How can I "get" the language install options?
    Please reply. Thanks a lot
    03-04-12 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD