So the day after I get my new blackberry (2 weeks ago) my internet locked up. I was using Jivetalk, and jmirc (left them both running) and essentially, couldn't use the internet. Soon after that (an hour after) I couldn't even call out. I called tech support and they said "Oh just take out the battery and put it back in" and it worked.
    It happened later again that day.

I go to the Verizon store where I bought it from 2 days after, and talk to a tech guy there. He messes around with it for a while and thinks its because I don't clear my internet cache, and cookies too often. I continue to do that with the internet, and then it does it again a few days later, while jmirc is running.

So I think it is Jmirc, and yes it has done that a few times with it. So I leave my jivetalk pretty much on 24/7. One morning when I wake up, I found the same problem, the internet isn't working.

I take out the battery and put it back in, again.

I ran into that situation today, I don't remeber what exactly was running, but this is starting to bother me...

I'm not sure if its the phone, the network, the programs (left running or not) or just me(joke there).

I have about 20 more days of "New Phone Insurance" meaning if anything is still going wrong with it, I can take it back to them and exchange it for free.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this or if there is any other programs that I can use so I won't run into the same probems with.

Thanks.

p.s. I just recently switched to opera

EDIT:Was using opera and the probem started up again... wont let connect through the other browser too
    Last edited by colvanila; 05-06-08 at 02:58 AM.
    05-06-08 02:53 AM
    Update the PRL via dialing *22899 and hit Send. Wait for it to hang up on its own. Then go into Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table. Hit Menu and Register Handheld. Then check to make sure you're running the latest version of the OS. Hold down ALT+SHIFT on the left side of the keyboard and hit H. Look on that screen for memory free (file free) and also the OS version. Report back. You need at least 15MB of free memory for the BB to be stable.
    05-06-08 11:31 AM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    Definitely sound like a Memory problem. Are you in the habit of storing your email and text msg for long period of time after reading them. something there is competing for your memory.
    05-06-08 01:27 PM
    So I dialed that #, did what you said, emptied my inbox,
    I do have 1 gig card that is about half full.
    My app version: 4.2.2.176
    05-08-08 01:07 AM
    Your media card has nothing to do with the problem even if its 100% full. The problem is with the actual memory of the phone. You should keep atleast 8-10mb free at all times. You can check your phone's memory by going to options - status.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 01:18 AM
    I don't know if I translated it right but I have about 1/4 ratio of used, to total.

1 mil or hundred mil- 4 mil or hundred mil
    05-08-08 01:27 AM
    I don't know if I translated it right but I have about 1/4 ratio of used, to total.

1 mil or hundred mil- 4 mil or hundred mil
    HUH?

Why don't you just post the exact number of File Free from Status. We'll tell you what it means in this case. Don't complicate things.
    05-08-08 11:11 AM
    File Free: 11806948 Bytes
    File Total:47841280 Bytes
    05-08-08 07:25 PM
    You're low on memory. You need at least 15MB to be stable... usually.

That means 15000000 or more. You have 11.8MB free. If you have any ringtones, wallpapers/pictures, songs, videos on the device it's time to move them to a memory card. Also go into Applications and delete things like Demo Video and stuff you don't need.
    05-08-08 09:38 PM
    You're low on memory. You need at least 15MB to be stable... usually.

That means 15000000 or more. You have 11.8MB free. If you have any ringtones, wallpapers/pictures, songs, videos on the device it's time to move them to a memory card. Also go into Applications and delete things like Demo Video and stuff you don't need.
    Awesome!, I'll try this first thing in the morning!
    05-09-08 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD