hi all,
    please help! i've been shying away from using any data services on my blackberry only until recently when i discovered that my browser won't work, my maps won't work, but my e-mail and sms work. pin-pin messages work also. i'm with rogers, and the 8800 is unlocked. when i try to connect to the internet, i get the message:

"unable to connect to the internet, please try again later."

after about 10 seconds of "requesting...." are my settings wrong? if so, how to rectify? i've got the $15/e-mail plan and a talk plan. is this why? maybe i should have gotten the 2MB data plan? does it not include data with the e-mail plan?

thanks!
    08-26-08 04:57 PM
    I am not with Rogers as my carrier, so I could be off with this, but you can give it a try.

Go to Options > Advanced options >TCP and configure these settings:

APN: internet.com
    Username/password is blank

If this does not work, call Rogers and get the "internet.com Access Point Name" added to your account. If they say it already exists, tell them to load up the records anyway, just to double-check. Perhaps one of the other members who has Rogers can provide further insight.
    08-28-08 07:04 PM
    i have bought a blackberry storm unlock but i am from barbados it is working an everythng but my internet would not work it keep cutting in an out i had to get it taken off so what should i do
    10-13-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD