Hello,

This is a problem that, to my understanding, happens with 8830s, but I wasn't sure what context to use to search the forums - so please excuse me if this question's been posted already.

Periodically when accessing the internet on my device the accessing capability ceases to operate. There seems to be no discernible cause or pattern to it. At random I'll be trying to go to a website and I'll notice the load progress bar slows to a crawl & then stops. Not only is web access stopped, but any data transmission -IM, e-mail- as well. Voice and texting are unaffected. My carrier is Sprint, and so the 8830 came with their "Powerdeck" browser; but I also use Opera Mini regularly, and it happens with that as well. It happens in any city I'm in, at any time. The only thing I've found to undo it is hard reset. I do not believe that it's a specific unit quirk, because shortly after activating the BB last spring I lost it & then obtained a replacement 8830 under insurance coverage, which demonstrated the same issue. I had heard that RIM was going to send out a fix for it, but never heard anything in regards to that since. What's the issue, and what can be done?
    08-22-08 06:43 PM
    Sounds like an issue with your device.
    08-22-08 06:56 PM
    Sounds like an issue with your device.
    Well, like I said, it happened on two in a row - original purchase & the replacement (which I received in about three months after the first one was activated).
    08-22-08 07:10 PM
    The latest Sprint OS for your phone resolves this very issue. Make sure you're running it.
    08-22-08 09:06 PM
    The latest Sprint OS for your phone resolves this very issue. Make sure you're running it.
    what version of the OS should we be running? b/c i get the same issue. i'll get all my email pushed to me via Gmail app, use Google Maps, and Opera Mini just fine for a day or two and then suddenly, it'll all stop working. i'll only get a 1x connection instead of EVDO. Under the network settings, everything looks good, i get great reception and can call out and text just fine. i'm running version 4.2.2.123
    08-22-08 09:40 PM
    I take it there's a more recent version than v4.2.2.176?
    08-22-08 09:45 PM
    Yes ladies...

Software For BlackBerry� 8830 World Edition smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.365 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.2.365
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.2.2.196
    * Software Platform: 3.0.0.85
    * File name: 8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel365_PL3.0.0.85_A4.2.2.196_Spri nt_.exe
    * File size: 88.68MB

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    08-22-08 10:03 PM
    Does Blackberry.com distribute an e-newsletter with news regarding updates on such things? If not they ought to....

Yes ladies...
    Well, I'm sorry if we've made stupid requests or asked stupid questions; perhaps you should speak with the forum administrators and moderators and have them carefully screen every post

Actually, I think I saw that at BB.com the other day & wondered if that was something I should try to download into my BB. I may be a "newbie" to Blackberry, but not to handheld devices in general, and I've learned by experience not to just automatically download every software update/upgrade that is put out...even from a manufacturer.
    Last edited by ArGiEs; 08-23-08 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Refine my retort
    08-22-08 10:27 PM
    Mine does this and I'm running 4.5.0.51...
    08-26-08 08:11 AM
    Successfully updated to .196 last Sunday. So far, so good--we'll see.
    08-27-08 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD