Hi all, I have seen similar issues on the boards about this subject but my error message(s) are slightly different. I am using the 8830WE from VZW.

When I hit the Internet icon on the main menu it tries to launch the browser and log on. After a few seconds I get the message:

"Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later. If problem persists please contact your administrator."

I can still get to the web if I than go to my bookmarks and pick an address, but not from the original launch. This has been going on for a while. VZW customer service says Blackberry is having a problem.

I also have issues using the "Go To..." option.

Any ideas how to fix this?

AKM
    01-01-09 02:17 PM
    On your phone do you have a 1X x being the same size as the 1? if not, that is the problem. Also you may want to check in the manage connections option and make sure everything there looks good. You might have to call Verizon. So we can reset some things here on our end.
    01-01-09 02:19 PM
    the 1XEV are all the same size. I did check the the "manage connection options" and all looks ok. I did contact VZ and they did reset everything. Of course when all else failed they suggested a hard boot which would wipe out everything from my phone.

That just seems like the standard reply when they don't know what to do. Sounds like typical corporate tech support guys when they tell you to reboot.
    01-01-09 02:52 PM
    Are you on a BES? Go into options > advanced options > browser and set the default services to Internet Browser
    01-01-09 02:53 PM
    Hi all, I have seen similar issues on the boards about this subject but my error message(s) are slightly different. I am using the 8830WE from VZW.

When I hit the Internet icon on the main menu it tries to launch the browser and log on. After a few seconds I get the message:

"Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later. If problem persists please contact your administrator."

I can still get to the web if I than go to my bookmarks and pick an address, but not from the original launch. This has been going on for a while. VZW customer service says Blackberry is having a problem.

I also have issues using the "Go To..." option.

Any ideas how to fix this?

AKM
    Resend your service books.
    01-01-09 04:27 PM
    Thanks Sith_Apprentice, I set my browser to internet browser and it seems to have worked. I'd still be interested to know why problems have suddenly occurred with the Blackberry browser as the default.

Hopefully I'll have no other problems. But If I do, I'll be back.
    01-01-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD