Hello,

I just got a 8830 WE for VZW and was wondering how I can make the browser display full actual webpages (like what is displayed on a computer) rather than the mobile version of sites? There are some sites that the mobile version does not show the information I need.

Thanks and War Eagle
    03-22-09 10:33 AM
    You need to download the operamini web browser from www.operamini.com and use it. It is much better than the BB Browser and will let you view full size webpages.

Hello,

I just got a 8830 WE for VZW and was wondering how I can make the browser display full actual webpages (like what is displayed on a computer) rather than the mobile version of sites? There are some sites that the mobile version does not show the information I need.

Thanks and War Eagle
    03-22-09 11:59 AM
    Or the bolt browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 12:54 PM
    I used Opera Mini... Wasn't real impressed with it... I think I'll stick with the BB Browser.

03-22-09 01:55 PM
    I tried opera mini and it still displays pages in mobile mode if the website has it. I think I accidentally changed a setting on the phone and was wondering if there was any setting to make full websites standard.
    03-22-09 02:14 PM
    Just so you guys know, you dont need to download opera mini or bolt because in you browser you can go to options,Browser configurations, then change the Emulation mode. You can change it to Openwave(WAP), Openwave gatewave, Microsoft IE, MS Pocket IE, or Netscape.
    03-22-09 02:25 PM
    What is the difference in these different types?
    03-22-09 02:34 PM
    I just tells the website that you visit that you are using a different kind of browser. If you pick Microsoft IE or Netscape it will trink the site to thinking you are using Internet Explorer or Firefox. That will keep your browser from displaying mobile sites. I use the MS Pocket IE browser sometimes when I'm trying to visit mobile msn or live and it won't let me log into live mail or live spaces.

03-22-09 03:43 PM
    I never knew thanks for the insight
    03-22-09 07:06 PM
    No prob Bob!
    03-22-09 07:53 PM
    OK first of all I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my question ( i hope it is) but however I'll start....
    Well I bought Blackberry 8830 world edition in San Diego but I live in Bosnia. I'm interested in how to activate my wireless internet ex. in some cafes. I get username and password but I don't know where to enter it. Do u? please help
    p.s username is 8 letters lon and pass also, and my network is gsm
    03-23-09 02:45 PM
    Well, if you're trying to activate it on a WiFi network, (which is what it sounds like) you're out of luck. The 8830 doesn't have a WiFi radio.

However, if what you're talking about is your carrier's TCP settings, go to Options - Advanced - TCP. Then enter your APN address under APN, and the username and password will go in the appropriate spaces.

03-23-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD