Hello all:

Thank you for taking my question. I don't think any of my friends in Hong Kong and Canada are receiving any texts. Currently, I am using BB 8830WE with Sprint - unlimited texting. However, when I text my Canadian friends, I think only some of them are received. Worse yet, none of my Hong Kong friends receive any text.

Do anyone of you have the same problem? Are there any ways to solve this?

Yuenlaikit
    01-07-10 10:28 AM
    Are you using the PIN txting? or BBM?

All my family is in Canada and they have no issues receiving or sending using PIN.
    01-07-10 10:29 AM
    What is the difference between PIN and BBM? I think I use PIN. To create more memory, I have deleted BBM off.

Also, when I type any Chinese TXT, all characters changes to question marks.

yuenlaikit
    01-07-10 11:13 AM
    I'm new to the Blackberry stuff, but I know everytime I send the PIN it comes back to me on BBM. Maybe try reinstalling BBM just to see if it fixes the issue of the lost messages.

Do you have the language applications on? When you sync with the the desktop manager you can choose what language apps to enable, that might help with the chinese characters.
    01-07-10 11:26 AM
    Yes, language app is on. I manage to install Chinese Fonts on my bb so that I can read and browse. To type/input Chinese, I use q9. Not many people use that, but I find it sufficient for my purpose. Normal email messages can be sent from my bb in Chinese, but SMS text is another story. Some people suggested the MMS, but I have no idea what the difference between SMS and MMS.

I am taking your advise, redownload BBM to see if this helps.
    01-07-10 01:56 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think BBM would work. It is rather odd after checking with sprint website that international texting would work for both Canada and Hong Kong. However, it is a lot more suspect on sending text in Chinese.
    01-07-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD