Ive been looking all over for this info but cant find it anywhere.

Does anyone know if the 8830(verizon) supports international tethering? Im going to be spending about a month in Europe and it would be very usefull. I already have the international data plan and the tethering plan. The verizon rep told me it would but he didnt seem to know what he was talking about so I figured id find out first hand.
    05-11-08 08:45 PM
    Ive been looking all over for this info but cant find it anywhere.

Does anyone know if the 8830(verizon) supports international tethering? Im going to be spending about a month in Europe and it would be very usefull. I already have the international data plan and the tethering plan. The verizon rep told me it would but he didnt seem to know what he was talking about so I figured id find out first hand.
    Hmmmmm intresting question. I would assume it would IF your using the verizon sim card since you get data service. Best people to ask would be global support (not a normal vzw rep). Just know the data charges are quite high... somewhere around 7 bucks / MB.

My advice... Find a hotel with WIFI or find a local hotspot where ever your going. When I was in italy they were everywhere if there wasnt an internet cafe around.
    05-12-08 11:27 AM
    thanks for the reply. I will be in Italy for a few weeks out of the trip, that isint my main concern because there is wireless internet everywhere. The first 2 weeks however will be spent in Crete, and from what I heard there probably wont be internet access.

I will give global support a call though, I have the global plan as well as tethering, so im hopefull, its not the end of the world if it dosent work though.
    05-14-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD