Third party?? Where can I find insurance for my phone????
    03-26-07 10:45 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com ticandtac! As far as finding any 3rd party insurance for your 8800, the only company I have heard of that was insuring BB's is Laptop Insurance From Safeware

Last time I checked with them, they were on hiatus from insuring any PDA's. You may want to contact them and see if things have changed.
    03-26-07 10:59 PM
    This was something Kasper and i were discussing before...Insurance..

If you have a House Insurance Policy, is your mobile not covered, even it means paying some excess? Perhaps its not financially viable?
    03-27-07 03:04 AM
    ...will cover your mobile device(s). BUT, the deductable might be more than the cost of a new device. I think my deductable is either $500 or $1000 (well I know for a fact my car insurance is $1000)...
    03-27-07 06:38 AM
    That was my issue with it. I'm pretty sure my deductible is more than a new phone, and then do I really want to make a claim on my Howeowner's Policy and risk a rate hike???
    03-27-07 10:30 AM
    ...yeah, but it's for a BlackBerry!

That was my issue with it. I'm pretty sure my deductible is more than a new phone, and then do I really want to make a claim on my Howeowner's Policy and risk a rate hike???
    03-27-07 11:22 AM
    i had my bb stolen over the wknd. safeware is definately not an up to date company that is willing to offer quality customer service or immediate replacement of the phone. The claims rep said she has 30 days to review the case and then will reimburse at that time if its is deemed in fact a stolen item. We have a business acct with them registering 7 phones total and I am in the hunt to get the phones covered with somebody else. Somebody out there must know of company that can insure the phones with immediate reimbursment of the phone. I was told verizon does offer insurance, has any gotten a bb with verizon over the summer?
    08-06-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD