This is a strange one.

My corprate security policy is set to 5 pw attempts. When BB 8830 unit set to 5 password attempts I get 2 before last attempt warning. When set to 4 pw attempts I am asked to type in backberry first, then a pw. I only get 1 pw attempts before last attempt message. When # pw attempts set to 3 pw attempts I am asked again to type in blackberry, then I get the warning for last PW attempt.

It seems I'm missing two pw attempts and the unit is assming I have mistypted them.

Has anyone found this problem before, does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix? It was fixed once with a sw upgrade, but then reverted.
    09-23-08 07:16 PM
    I have not heard of that problem. My IT Policy allows me 10 attempts. I'm running OS 4.2.2.196. I've intentionally mistyped my password before, when I was running OS 4.2.2.176, and was able to use my full 10 attempts.
    09-23-08 08:20 PM
    It certainly is strange, I have not been able to find it anywhere, nor has my IT department.
    09-29-08 08:08 PM
    I was having a similar problem. Our password attempts were half of what we had set.

Here was our solution.

In Blackberry Manager go to Blackberry Domain, Edit Properties, IT Policies, select policy, Properties, Password Policy Group, Remove Duress Notification Address.

Hope this helps.
    10-06-08 08:32 AM
    Ok, I solved this problem before I saw the previous post. I was adding a 3rd party app and realized that some of the OS options were not installed, I belive DOD Root Certifictes and MDS Runtime. I have no idea how these would affect the security policy, however when I checked these off and they were installed and my BB device rebooted, I was back to 5 PW attempts allowed. Maybe someone can comment on this.

I was

Now things are
    11-02-08 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD