Configuring BB Desktop to 'Import' from MS Outlook (2002) to BB8830 didn't get rid of the 200 recurrances of a calendar entry.

Those 200 entries DO NOT appear in the Outlook calendar, but continue to show in the BB calendar, even after a sync w/ the configuation set for one-way sync ('Import'), from Outlook to Handheld. What am I missing?
    02-01-09 11:23 AM
    Are you a BES or BIS user? If BIS, have you tried clearing the calendar database in Desktop Manager? Connect to DM and go to the Advanced Backup and Restore functions. Select the Calendar database, and click Clear.
    02-01-09 11:41 AM
    Thanks, but I am a BES user.
    02-01-09 12:03 PM
    I thought you might be. I'm on BES as well and that sounded like a BES problem. Here's something you can try:

You should know that there is a very slight risk of corrupting the OS on your device anytime you do a battery pull, so be sure to have a current backup before performing this procedure.
    1. Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for a minute or so
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete

The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. It may be necessary to do this procedure more than once. The first time I did it, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I repeated the entire process and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process. I've successfully used this process to restore OTA synching for contacts, notes, tasks and the calendar. I've never had the problem with Messages.

If this process doesn't work, Blackberry Technical Support Knowledge Base Article KB10105 may apply. Here is the link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/artic...AL_Public.html

If this Knowledge Base article applies, your IT department will have to solve the problem. It's beyond user solution.

Calendar Corollary: If you've done the procedure above, and all five apps are showing Wireless Sync, but the Calendar is not showing appointments, then turn off wireless sync in the calendar options, exit out of the calendar, go back into the calendar, and turn wireless sync back on. I've had to do this extra step to get the calendar to pick up existing appointments.
    02-01-09 12:07 PM
    Although I'm a BES user, I realized I shut off the wireless connection on certain applications, including Calendar. I used your first suggestion and it worked perfectly.

Thanks alot.
    02-01-09 12:34 PM
    No problem. Glad you figured it out. And welcome to CrackBerry. If you haven't been here before, be sure to take a look at the How To and FAQ Forum under the Newbies button.
    02-01-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD