How can I import standard US holidays into my calender? Is there possibly an Outlook add-in or something that I can use to add holidays to my calender in Outlook and then sync it to my BB? I remember in my old Sony Clie (Palm-powered) automatically added holidays to the calender.
    08-12-07 11:49 AM
    No need for an add on.
    In Outlook, Select tools>options>calendar options>add holidays>select the holidays of the countries you want.

They will be added into Outlook calendar and the BlackBerry will get them when you sync.
    08-12-07 01:01 PM
    Thanks! Is there nay way to add religious holidays as well?
    08-12-07 01:11 PM
    That I don't know about. What Holidays religions are you looking for if you don't mind me asking.

Those religious holidays might be a National holiday in another country so you could add that countries holidays for the same effect? Kind of awkward, but it might work depending on what you need.

Good luck,
    Trevor
    08-12-07 01:24 PM
    I'm looking for Jewish holidays.
    08-12-07 01:26 PM
    If you are not in hurry....

... I have created a utility for PC that is for the Orthodox religious holidays / name dates. I port it for PocketPCs, and now I'm thinking of porting the software to BlackBerry.

When it's available, I'll keep you informed
    08-12-07 01:44 PM
    That would be cool - does it work through the Outlook calender?
    08-12-07 01:46 PM
    The current versions (for PC and for PPC) are stand-alone. I guess the BB version will be like the others.

Except if there are people out there who wants to help me programming (and creating a free software).....
    08-12-07 01:54 PM
    No need for an add on.
    In Outlook, Select tools>options>calendar options>add holidays>select the holidays of the countries you want.

They will be added into Outlook calendar and the BlackBerry will get them when you sync.

Wow I have got to try this!!!
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-28-07 at 05:26 PM.
    08-12-07 02:10 PM
    Ah, I found it! It says "Jewish Religious Holidays" in the list of countries.
    08-12-07 02:51 PM
    Ah, I found it! It says "Jewish Religious Holidays" in the list of countries.
    Perfect. Glad to see you got it working.
    08-12-07 03:08 PM
    No need for an add on.

Is there a way to do this in Lotus Notes?
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-28-07 at 05:25 PM.
    08-14-07 02:07 PM
    Is there a way to do this in Lotus Notes?
    I have never used lotus notes, maybe someone else can help you.
    08-14-07 03:33 PM
    Hey Trevor thanks for that tip.. I just added all the holidays to my calendar.. worked great .. I learn something new every day on this forum
    11-23-08 07:23 PM
    I don't have outlook is there a free app that can do it?
    11-23-08 07:37 PM
    I have created a utility for PC that is for the Orthodox religious holidays / name dates. I port it for PocketPCs, and now I'm thinking of porting the software to BlackBerry.

When it's available, I'll keep you informed
    Did you ever do this? I can't synch with outlook for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 07:38 PM
    yes, this is probably a simple question but...i'm not into computers...how do i get outlook? i'd like to try the holiday import and i need to know about outlook and bb syncing.
    12-13-08 02:06 PM
    ^^ for others who don't have or want to use Outlook, try Google calendars....there are some public religious calendars which you can add on to your gmail calendar. Once done, use google sync on your berry to sync and you will then have all of these.
    03-17-09 03:58 PM
    Still doesn't help me. Google never worked for me either.

03-17-09 05:31 PM
    You need to install Google Sync and go into your options Select Calendars and tell it to sync the calendars you've selected. I have Jewish, US Holidays and My Calendars. It works great. Google even syncs my contacts and backs them all up to my Google Contacts. I never have to sync with my home PC.
    03-17-09 08:35 PM
    Like I said, I installed google sync and it never worked.

03-18-09 10:02 AM
    I have an old version of Outlook BB is 4.5 and won't sync to it. I wish this would work with Outlook Express. I know its just an email client.

I don't like syncing to Google. I'm worried about privacy anybody with my gmail address is a potential hacker! lol (No-Joke this is has happened to someone I know).

I sync OTA to a secure? cloud but there is no holiday functionality. Is there is a free app somewhere?
    04-22-09 04:40 PM
    I just used googlesync and it worked great for me! I had to go into options>Sync these calendars>bb button>change options and then check US Holidays (once I have added this to my calendars in google calendars) and then save. Then when you sync it adds the holidays. Hope this helps some people that were having troubles syncing. It took me a minute, but finally figured it out!
    11-03-09 11:28 PM
    I just used googlesync and it worked great for me! I had to go into options>Sync these calendars>bb button>change options and then check US Holidays (once I have added this to my calendars in google calendars) and then save. Then when you sync it adds the holidays. Hope this helps some people that were having troubles syncing. It took me a minute, but finally figured it out!

I love this place...Thanks!
    01-05-10 10:01 PM
    does any one know of a free jewish calendar app for the blackberry that has zimanim not just dates and holidays.
    08-04-10 11:09 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD