I have a problem with my IMEI number, it change by it self whenever I upgrade/downgrade OS. When the IMEI number change, it always ended with number "0" and I can't use my BIS. I tried almost all 8830we v4.2 & v4.5 and still the same result.
    The only firmware that works fine right now is v4.2.2.176

Is there anyone else having this problem too? cause my friend who use 8830we doesn't have the same problem like me? I really want to upgrade to v4.5 cause most of the programs I need only works on v4.5
    02-19-10 10:39 PM
    Most of the 8830's imeis end with a 0, and that's wrong. The last digit of the imei is always masked by 0 and that's the way RIM set it to be. When customers come to us to unlock it, we always have to email them a software for them to read the correct imei in order to get the last digit of the imei. Are you using an official OS? Which provider is your phone from?

Also when you upgrade/downgrade does the whole imei change?
    02-20-10 10:16 AM
    The Original phone provider is SPRINT. But right now I'm using this phone in my home country in Indonesia. The CDMA I have to unlock it before I can use it, but the GSM I can use it right away since its not lock.

All the OS I tried I download it from the official blackberry website.

Yes...the whole IMEI number change when I use other than v4.2.2.176 OS. When I use v4.2.2.176 I can use all the provider here and the BIS. But when I use other than that, I can only use it for phones & SMS.
    02-20-10 06:02 PM
    I'm not sure if mine changed, but I just updated my software the other day and lost my settings so had to get my service books from my provider.

When I called them to get a password to log into my BIS account, they asked me for me IMEI which I read out of the status page or wherever it is on your device.

They had a different IMEI on record to the one in my phone.... I'm wondering if mine might have changed like yours appears to have....

I'm so annoyed at how difficult upgrading software can be - I've had so many issues getting my browser sorted out so that it uses BIS data and not WAP which I get charged a fortune for...

I think this is really poor design where upgrades that are mean to fix things actually screw up your phone and make you spend time sorting it all out again
    02-20-10 06:58 PM
    when i update bb8830 software last digit turns to zero .any help pls
    03-10-11 12:22 AM
    when i update bb8830 software last digit turns to zero .any help pls
    Last digit of imei always appear as 0 on the 8830. When we process it, we only need the first 14 Digits and the last one will correct itself.
    03-10-11 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD