I got red 8830 the end of February. I love it but really miss the camera. If I were to sell my 8830 (it's in perfect condition) and get the Curve it looks like I would have to pay $439 for the Curve since I am not eligable for an upgrade. It looks like the Red 8830's are going for $200-$250 on ebay (used).

I am just not sure how to go about wiping out my info and then getting it back on the Curve if I sell my current one. I have no complaints about the 8830 other than I am a photo nut and I thought I wouldnt miss a camera since I always have my Sony camera with me, but I do.

How would I go about getting my phone ready to sell and then getting the Curve set up with all my current info?

Would I be silly to do this or should I give it a try? Or should I be patient and wait for one of the newer phones to be released. I just hate to wait too long since my current one is less than 3 months old.
    05-04-08 08:44 AM
    05-04-08 08:48 AM
    If you really want the Curve then you could sell the 8830. To wipe just go into the options, security options, and from the menu choose wipe handheld.

Sice you aren't due for an upgrade you'd have to pay the full retail price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 12:00 PM
    or you can do what I did. Buy a phone off of ebay. I kinda miss having a camera on my phone, but I dont because I can't stand the poor photo quality. I got my 8830 on ebay for $250, and its practically brand new.
    05-04-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD