I have been looking for a BB version of iTunes source for buying TV episodes to download and play on my BB. I don't want to buy the DVD and rip it and convert it - that's a PITA, and I don't want to steal them via P2P. Doesn't seem to be much unless you're an iPhone owner. Anyone have any links to online stores?
    07-16-08 02:04 PM
    I have been looking for a BB version of iTunes source for buying TV episodes to download and play on my BB. I don't want to buy the DVD and rip it and convert it - that's a PITA, and I don't want to steal them via P2P. Doesn't seem to be much unless you're an iPhone owner. Anyone have any links to online stores?
    You can pick up a converter program and just convert the files you buy from itunes . The conversion time is pretty quick and they will play on your bb.
    07-16-08 02:11 PM
    I thought iTunes locked down their files to only play on iPod devices and up to 5 registered computers per account. I would be able to copy the video file over to my BB?

[edit] the file would be accessible on my PC pre-conversion is what I'm asking.
    Last edited by debowhiz; 07-16-08 at 02:29 PM.
    07-16-08 02:27 PM
    I thought iTunes locked down their files to only play on iPod devices and up to 5 registered computers per account. I would be able to copy the video file over to my BB?

[edit] the file would be accessible on my PC pre-conversion is what I'm asking.
    Yeah its called DRM protection but there are ways to crack it and convert files. I don't use itunes, Apple is a pain with there file formats and restrictions such as this. I don't do it personally but i saw some info about doing it i will search around and get back to you on exactly how to. I am almost positive you can.
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 07-16-08 at 02:39 PM.
    07-16-08 02:36 PM
    i dont know if this is exactly what you want but check this site http://blackberryvids.com/
    07-16-08 02:39 PM
    here is one site that has a converter that will probably work.iTunes Converter, M4P Converter, Convert iTunes to MP3, M4P to MP3 If you want i think i have a converter that is cracked . Not sure what the name of the program is i will loo.k
    07-16-08 02:42 PM
    I was more looking for an online store without having to crack the videos. iTunes is too much work after checking it out - thanks for looking that route! Amazon has a downloadable video service but only for supported devices which BB's are not.

Blackberryvids.com seems to be the closest, bonus for being free, but I'd like a selection and don't mind paying for episodes. If there's any others give a shout out!
    07-16-08 05:54 PM
    Also check out videos4blackberry.info - regular updates, a wide variety of stuff and a few full length movies.
    07-16-08 06:03 PM
    look for a site that sells videos in supported file types for bb's they are out there.
    07-16-08 06:11 PM
    I did find rapidshare.com with a few files in mp4 or .3gp format, mostly they're compressed .rar files tho.
    07-16-08 06:27 PM
    I did find rapidshare.com with a few files in mp4 or .3gp format, mostly they're compressed .rar files tho.
    all you need is winrar program to unpack files. Standard used for zipping and unzipping files is rar format. Rapidshare is still a torrent site but you need to sign up with them and it costs $ to do so. Try demonoid.com or mininova.org, they are free and will have what you are looking for.
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 07-18-08 at 02:02 PM.
    07-18-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD