Can anyone tell me what this means? - I sent a SMS to someone and it shows the check mark to indicate that it was sent but it has a "D" next to it. No where in the manual does it say what the "D" means. Anyone?

THanks
    07-31-07 07:59 AM
    Are you sure it was an SMS message and not a Pin Message? Either way, it means 'D' as in delivered...
    07-31-07 08:05 AM
    Question...

I have a indicator icon - 1 (globe/earth)

not quite sure what this is.. help?
    07-31-07 08:25 AM
    How would I know the difference between a PIN and a SMS? Sorry to sound like an *****
    07-31-07 08:30 AM
    What skin do you use?
    07-31-07 08:30 AM
    A PIN message is a message sent directly to another BlackBerry's PIN. Every BB has a unique hardware identifier, its PIN. BB Messenger uses PIN messages because PIN messages go over the BB data network and do NOT use up your text messages.

The little "globe" is the BB Messenger smiley. In your message list, SMS messages received will show up as an envelope. BB PIN messages show up as the little smiley.

If you have that icon, you have an unread PIN message or pending PIN request. Open BB Messenger and check it out.
    07-31-07 08:46 AM
    Did you download a ringtone or something like that, but then couldn't find it?

If yes, go to messages / view folder / wap push messages / do you see anything here?

Question...

I have a indicator icon - 1 (globe/earth)

not quite sure what this is.. help?
    07-31-07 09:16 AM
    Yes, the D means delivered. In your settings, you have the option whether or not you want delivery confirmation. If you choose not to, you won't see that D, just a check mark that it was successfully sent.
    07-31-07 09:18 AM
    YA! thats what i thought... i go to BB messenger and i looked for it and nothing new....

also btw, ive gotten a smiley face.. i thought that was the BB PIN messages i see nothing under new messages ... globe wtf? go away
    07-31-07 09:45 AM
    If yes, go to messages / view folder / wap push messages / do you see anything here?
    Thanks for that walk through but NOPE... nothing.. just
    "*No Messages*"
    07-31-07 09:48 AM
    I think (absolutely know) i am in the wrong forum.. no i do not have a 8830 i have a pearl so ill go ahead a relocate..

thanks for the attempts tho
    07-31-07 09:51 AM
    So the *D* does not tell me the person OPENED the PIN message -- just that is found the other Berry and landed, is that correct?
    Ramona
    08-08-07 04:04 PM
    amazing help!
    09-22-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD