I have a sprint 8830 and a verizon 8830. Is there anyway we could use the sprint to crack the verizon gps issue?
    06-15-08 03:03 PM
    So are you wanting to use your sprint phone, on the Verizon network in hopes to get the GPS for free? Is that what you are asking.
    06-15-08 03:16 PM
    If you are asking about using the sprint phone on verizons network, it won't work. Sprint is gsm, verizon is cdma.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 03:19 PM
    Both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA. However, it will be highly unlikely to accomplish such a task.
    06-15-08 03:27 PM
    I have a sprint 8830 and a verizon 8830. Is there anyway we could use the sprint to crack the verizon gps issue?
    If it is Verizon's BB, then GPS is locked and nothing Sprint can do about it.
    06-15-08 03:29 PM
    There's nothing hidden in the phones that will help you unlock the Verizon aGPS capabilities of the phone. Find the PDE IP and Port for Verizon's server and that's all you need. Right now no one knows what this info is... well, they know, but they won't leak it.

I can however tell you that a quick way to cripple your aGPS on the Sprint phone is as simple as installing the VZNavigator app and uninstalling it. Nothing more, nothing less. After that your Sprint aGPS won't work anymore.... that is unless you go back in with programming software and put the PDE IP and Port back in. You see, the VZNavigator app replaces this info with a loopback IP (127.0.0.1) and then the GPS API listens to the app which then passes this info back to the phone to open the communications with the network servers and chipset respectively.

Enjoy.
    06-15-08 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD