8 YEARS!!! Gone .. It wasnt easy, took baby steps....

It all started when i got my mom a blackberry... and soon my mom upgraded to an 8703E... then my dad got the 8830 verizon WE.... so i decided it was time to try the 8703 as my secondary phone WITH MY TREO!!

Soon i noticed the treo got emails a bit faster, but it was not reliable ...

Finally decided to ditch the sprint treo and got the 8830WE for Sprint.... and now IM IN LOVE...

Few things i need help with

1. I need a case, it did not come with the holster, and the holster by blackberry is not that cheap, but i hear that sometimes it doesnt work and the clip breaks. Any suggestions? I hate putting it in my phone and scratching...

2. Email ... my gmail acct, sync fine, but whenever i send an email, it also sends me a copy (not a confirmation) but an actual email, so as soon as i send an email, i get one from myself and that is just annoying...

3. World Edition, they say the sim card is unlocked, so if i go to china and get a sim card out there, and if i get it, do i get my blackberry acct there too? Or do i need to get the world blackberry account???

4. Finally i am having trouble with the messages folder, i am used to the treo style threaded text messages, but that is ok, i just want to know if i can get a seperate place just to look at sms's (i dont like opening messages, and going to the sms inbox folder) ... so i am trying to see if i can set up its own clickable box like each email has...

Thats really it.. i am going to cancel my verizon acct, and sell the treo.. should save some money... my sprint bill went up 15 dollars, but my verizon bill will go down like 30 so...

BTW!! NAVIGATION !! KICKS A$$
    04-29-08 08:41 AM
    1. The OEM cases are quite well made, actually. I have never had a problem with them. Try PDA cases - Stylish Elegant Functional leather PDA cases and handheld cases by Fortte TM
    and
    Blackberry Accessories, Blackberry Cases, RIM Blackberry Accessories, Blackberry Curve Accessories, Blackberry Pearl Accessories
    for more.

2. http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-handheld.html

3. I don't know about China.
    4. Messages > Options > General Settings > scroll to bottom > Separate SMS/MMS = Yes.

Good luck!
    04-29-08 08:46 AM
    WHOA THIS THING CAN DO ANYTHING F Treo! 8 years wasted..
    04-29-08 09:03 AM
    They are pretty darn cool, yep!
    04-29-08 09:05 AM
    WHOA THIS THING CAN DO ANYTHING F Treo! 8 years wasted..
    I second that
    04-29-08 10:11 AM
    The one I got from VZW came with the case, so no need for me to buy one and it's actually pretty nice.

I should switch to sprint, at least they don't block the GPS (Won't go into that).

The blackberry is much better then the treo i had, even the MS version.

Take a look at my signature to see how you can use it as a wireless modem. Just got mine working on Vista with VZW.
    04-29-08 10:35 AM
    I have a similar problem as #4 from princealyy above. All I want to see is my corporate email messages. I want to be able to either go directly to my corporate Inbox folder from the home screen or filter out everything else (missed phone calls etc.) from the general message folder. I figured out how to separate the SMS messages from the Message folder but not the rest.

Thanks,
    Jim
    04-29-08 11:37 AM
    Unless you have a world sim and account activated from your carrier you won't be able to go to China, put in a local SIM, and expect the email portion of the phone to work. It doesn't work like that. The voice however will work, but I think the phone number changes to a local number that's on the local SIM.

The global cards from the carrier will allow you to keep your same number and also use data while over seas, but remember to check the sticky thread about where the 8830 works. It doesn't work in all countries.
    04-29-08 11:46 AM
    MAN you guys rock
    05-01-08 01:33 AM
    MAN you guys rock
    Glad we could help. I actually left for awhile and came back to the BB. I wish I never left - :P

Now to get VZW to unlock the GPS and I will be one happy BB user -
    05-01-08 07:57 AM
    Thats why i left verizon (i had the 8703 there) and i love the 8703, but after using the 8830, with sprint... its PERFECT
    05-01-08 08:10 AM
    I second that
    Preach my brotha!!

Can I get an Amen!!!

Oh, and welcome to CB!
    05-01-08 08:12 AM
    Thats why i left verizon (i had the 8703 there) and i love the 8703, but after using the 8830, with sprint... its PERFECT
    I have no choice, my job uses Verizon. I guess I could shell out the money for the Freedom GPS and just do that - :\
    05-01-08 08:25 AM
    I got my Blackberry last June and showed it to my friend who had a Treo. He kept saying how much he loved his Treo and pointed out "flaws" with the Blackberry that his Treo could do. Then in December (hadn't seen him for a couple months) he tells me he got the Blackberry 8830 and he loves it. He was bragging about what it could do (same things I mentioned back in June) but never mentioned I was right back in June.
    05-01-08 10:29 AM
    ^^^ You'll find that people do that about everything regardless of what the item in the discussion is.
    05-01-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD