I also having problems with the 8830. Blue Tooth continues to disable itself without apparent cause. I have it paired to both a Motorola H700 and my Lexus RX330 factory installed system. I never had any problems with my Motorola Razor but this new Blackberry has a issue. I have to reset it from disable to enable numerious times throughout the day. Both Blackberry and Verizon are perplexed and are blaming it on a software problem and claim that they haven't heard of any other complaints. Verizon went so far as to send me a corded headset at no charge.
    06-09-07 10:10 AM
    I'm also seeing this problem on mine. I lose pairing with my bluetooth headset when the units are only 3 feet away and also having to restart the bluetooth on the 8830 multiple times throughout the day. This only recently started happening though, maybe the past week or so.
    06-13-07 09:41 AM
    Oddly enough, I'm not sure what your setting on this is mvrap, but I have noticed that when my blue led indicator for the Bluetooth is on, then I have not had to reconnected my headset nor reenable the bluetooth on the BB 8830. Somethign to try?
    06-14-07 01:28 PM
    I find that when I turn off the LED indicator, the bluetooth disables itself soon afterward. Hopefully they fix this glitch.
    07-20-07 05:59 PM
    I have the same issue with my Land Rover. I have tried everything. After I gave up last week it seems to work everytime I get into the car. I have no idea as to why it now works but had not been working for months.
    04-30-08 07:59 PM
    This is not just the 8830 - I believe the Curve and Pearl threads all talk about it. I am assuming this is operating system?
    04-30-08 10:28 PM
    I can pair with bluetooth headsets no problem, just can't pair with other blackberry's to transfer files??
    05-01-08 02:47 PM
    Checkout this thread in the Bluetooth Forum...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/blu...r-bb-bb-30108/
    05-01-08 04:49 PM
    Checkout this thread in the Bluetooth Forum...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/blu...r-bb-bb-30108/
    Yep, tried all that, no luck I'm wondering if the IT crowd at work may have something done with it, is that possible I wonder??
    05-01-08 05:25 PM
    I'm on BES, and I have an IT policy that requires a device password and content protection. But I don't see anything in any of my security screens that refers to bluetooth. So I can't say if that makes a difference or not. And I don't have another bb handy to try to transfer to.

If you have a help desk, call and ask them. One of my third party apps quit working last year. I traced the problem back to a new firewall policy. After some discussion, the IT guys opened it back up. You have nothing to lose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD