new to the bb 8830 and am wondering how to go about removing some of the icons I don't use to de-clutter the main page.
    07-30-08 12:48 AM
    I put them all in a folder and then hid the folder. You can create folders and hide through the menu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 12:54 AM
    new to the bb 8830 and am wondering how to go about removing some of the icons I don't use to de-clutter the main page.
    If there are applications you don't use, don't just hide them, remove them to free up memory. The Stoner Procedure in my sig will show you how.

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to check out the "Getting Started Guide" and the "BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series" under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    07-30-08 08:16 AM
    If there are applications you don't use, don't just hide them, remove them to free up memory. The Stoner Procedure in my sig will show you how.

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to check out the "Getting Started Guide" and the "BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series" under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    I recently went through the clearing up memory portion of that lecture, and I removed a program. The funny thing is that the icon is still there, even though I removed the application . How can I remove that? I know how to "hide" it, but I thought it would have deleted when the application was removed.

Thanks
    08-05-08 07:41 AM
    I recently went through the clearing up memory portion of that lecture, and I removed a program. The funny thing is that the icon is still there, even though I removed the application . How can I remove that? I know how to "hide" it, but I thought it would have deleted when the application was removed.

Thanks
    What application was it? And have you done a battery pull since you uninstalled the application??

Resetting your device after an app removal usually clears the icon, etc
    08-05-08 07:43 AM
    What application was it? And have you done a battery pull since you uninstalled the application??

Resetting your device after an app removal usually clears the icon, etc
    It's facebook. It prompted a restart after I removed the application. When it came back on, the facebook icon was the first thing in the menu (it had been hidden previously, and down lower on my screen ).

I don't know if I've pulled the battery since then. I'll give it a try and report back.

Thanks

ETA...ok, did the battery pull. It is still there.
    Last edited by mistyinca; 08-05-08 at 07:53 AM.
    08-05-08 07:47 AM
    The Facebook icon comes with the OS. It's not an icon for the app, it's a shortcut to the Facebook Mobile download site. It's not taking up any program memory, so go ahead and hide it.
    08-05-08 12:03 PM
    But when I click on the leftover FB icon, it acts like it wants to DL the app again. It does not take me to the FB mobile site. Any thoughts?
    03-31-09 02:30 PM
    That is what it is supposed to do. It's a shortcut to download the app. It's part of the OS install. Just hide it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD