I was recently given a 8800 from work to use as my demo on my company line, but for some reason i cannot remove the password, i tried wiping and sweeping the device with no success. Under general settings in the security menu it gives me the option to wipe handset, change password, and verify security software. Now next to the word "enabled" under password there is a lock. Is there anyway to remove this?
    01-20-08 04:25 AM
    That is a network policy setting from your company. Anytime you connect back to the corporate BES server, the policy will put the password requirement back. You don't have the option of turning it oiff if your IT staff says you have to have one.

If it is a BB that is NOT connecting to a corporate BES server, you can try the steps documented in the Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    01-20-08 06:02 AM
    ok, it is not connected to the bes server... it was at one time when my manager had it (they are allowed to have work email on their phone). I talked to my manager, he says if i can figure out how to remove it to go ahead
    01-20-08 12:23 PM
    If it was on BES, and the password option was set via BES Policy, then you'd have to use the 'remove I.T Policy' option. There is a thread on this (I posted it)...

Once done, then you can edit the password settings, etc. If it's not BES related, then go to options / security options / general options, and edit it there...
    01-20-08 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD