Can someone tell me how to properly close apps like my browser or viigo? I always see the two arrows in the top right corner goin crazy even though I'm not usin them, suckin up battery and/or memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 07:43 PM
    You close apps by pressing the menu key and selecting Close.

If press Alt and Escape at the same time you will be able to see if any are left open.
    07-22-08 07:54 PM
    There will always be 5 apps open/running in the background so to speak... Browser, call log, home page, Messages, and Blackberry messenger...

To correctly close out an application, you have to hit the menu button once in the application and select exit or close, however the program words it...
    Typically you would use the application key (7 dots) next to the trackball and the "close" or "exit" depending on the application. Some apps will close correctly with the hang-up or "back" key but the first one is a sure thing.

If you use the switch application funtion the following services will "Always" be active:
    Browser
    Call log
    -HOME-
    Mailbox
    BBMessenger

However if there are any apps other than these, switch to them and use the method described above.

Happy Crackin'

Typically you would use the application key (7 dots) next to the trackball and then "close" or "exit" depending on the application. Some apps will close correctly with the hang-up or "back" key but the first one is a sure thing.

If you use the switch application function the following services will "Always" be active:
    Browser
    Call log
    -HOME-
    Mailbox
    BBMessenger

However if there are any apps other than these, switch to them and use the method described above.

Happy Crackin'

07-22-08 07:56 PM
    Sho do preciate it!

07-22-08 08:24 PM
    With some programs, you can also keep pressing the back button (arrow, right of the trackball)
    07-22-08 09:24 PM
    Good information.
    07-22-08 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD