It will be over 2 years when I replace mine with a 9630.
    03-23-09 05:02 PM
    I'm interested in hearing about the existing 8830s out there, how long have you had the device and what phone is next for you?

I'm sure your eyeing a new device, there are many options out there, which will you go with?
    Got my first 8830WE 14mo 5 days ago
    Was eyeing up the 8350i even though it didn't have int'l capabilites (hey! a gal can look! )... now I'm lusting after the 9630WE but I'm kind of attached to my BB with it's painted on flowers and worn keys... tried and true, with it's welcoming glow in the dark of the night LOL.

I keep dogs till they are at the end of their lives, I keep vehicles till they just don't run any longer, so my track record, if you don't count marriages is to keep things to the end of their lives, so depends on the life of an 8830WE.
    Anyone know the life expectancy of an 8830WE? I've had this specific one since last July (3rd one, don't ask! ). Sprint just recently replaced the trackball and the keys look pretty bad , but otherwise it's in good shape.

I'll keep this one till it's dead.

KarlyT ..... Go to the new users section for BB users and free up memory on your Blackberry, you'll be soooo glad you did!

240zron........ same here, I was a Palm user for well over 10 yrs and I love love love my 8830! (my son has been getting my hand-me-downs and he's been a Palm user for over 10yrs!) Feel free to PM and I'll give you my PIN.
    Last edited by bfoster; 03-24-09 at 04:29 PM.
    03-24-09 04:25 PM
    same here im gnna use my 8830 till it dies, by then the niagara would be very cheap, i paid $80 like 6 months ago for this phone so im getting my moneys worth lmao
    03-24-09 10:56 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD