顶!!!
    支持 噢也
    07-11-08 05:22 AM
    Can I use the same procedure for BB 8820 from t-mobile. I bought this in last week only.
    08-27-08 09:48 AM
    hi guys, I am located in India and am using Vodafone. I have a standard GPRS plan activated and not the BB Data plan which is too expensive. I am able to use GPRS for surfing and downloading but none of the applications like BB Maps, Gtalk, GMaps or YMessenger work. There is no prompt for choosing a connection or anything.

Please advise.
    09-23-08 09:08 AM
    Can I use the same procedure for BB 8820 from t-mobile. I bought this in last week only.
    Should be preloaded on it. My 8820 from T-Mobile had BlackBerry maps ready to use when app when I bought it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 11:10 AM
    Thanks for the info kasperapd
    11-08-08 10:43 PM
    Will this also work on a BB 8820?
    01-01-09 11:14 PM

Next find your LBS.alx file, it should be at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8800-v4.2.1.74_P2.3.0.54

It works on newer files too.
    02-20-09 01:24 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com!

Take a look at [xxx link removed] from BlackBerry for coverage areas.
    Hi I followed your link. I was going to follow all the way but the want you to use IE, nope. So I must ask if this is a link for the old or new maps? For those that don't know the new maps require a service book. The old is at LBS1.2. I had to put the XXX in because my post count will not allow me to quote a link.
    02-20-09 01:34 PM
    right got a weird one for ya. installed BB maps through the desktop installer. didnt show up on my apps screen on my 8820. i then tried to follow your instructions on changing the ALS file. i get as far as:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\
    i do not have a folder Shared after that.
    i have:
    AppLoader
    Auto Update
    BBBI Drivers
    BBWebSLLauncher
    Modem Drivers
    RIMDeviceManager
    USB Drivers

but no shared folder. what can i do?
    02-21-09 03:26 PM
    hi guys, I am located in India and am using Vodafone. I have a standard GPRS plan activated and not the BB Data plan which is too expensive. I am able to use GPRS for surfing and downloading but none of the applications like BB Maps, Gtalk, GMaps or YMessenger work. There is no prompt for choosing a connection or anything.

Please advise.
    BBMaps is downloaded or pre installed. You don't want to use the one that is pre installed or it will cost you. Search for BBMaps and download it. It will be something like revision LBS1.2. The BBMaps that come installed is at 4.5 and requires service books. That is why it cost. So go learn how to install an application and you will have what you want. Unless you are on ATT. Then you have to remove the vendor file.
    02-21-09 03:50 PM
    hey guys,

im using a curve 8900 (unlocked) with at$t.....
    since its a t-mobile phone it came pre loaded with bb maps. now suddenly its dissapeared. i see it under applications but the icons gone. can anybody help????
    no idea how i can get it back. do you think at&t could have sent some kinda ping over the air to disable it.
    my os is 4.6.1.133 and i had deleted the vendor xml file when installing it.
    03-17-09 09:04 AM
    thanks, this helped a lot!
    03-29-09 10:14 PM
    I hope someone still following this old post

I have 8820 with AT&T OS 4.5 and followed instructions. After connecting using desktop, application loader identified an upgrade for "BlackBerry 4.5 Core Application". Clicked next and get this error:

Invalid configuration
    The application "Input Method Core Full Library" cannot be loaded because it requires the following applications that are not available
    net.rim.platform.inputMethodCoreMinimal

Any idea what is missing and how can I fix it?

Thanks
    08-07-09 10:22 PM
    Hi, i have the Storm 9530 and i dont have the blackberry maps on in, i tried to download it from the blackberry website but its imposible

this thread wold work for me ?
    08-09-09 05:33 AM
    I hope someone still following this old post

I have 8820 with AT&T OS 4.5 and followed instructions. After connecting using desktop, application loader identified an upgrade for "BlackBerry 4.5 Core Application". Clicked next and get this error:

Invalid configuration
    The application "Input Method Core Full Library" cannot be loaded because it requires the following applications that are not available
    net.rim.platform.inputMethodCoreMinimal

Any idea what is missing and how can I fix it?

Thanks
    Problem solved by re-installing the BB desktop
    08-17-09 11:09 PM
    i think google map is also good.
    m.google.com
    11-02-09 07:49 AM
    Can we please update this guide for OS4.5?

According to advanced settings, I do have BB Maps installed on my 8800. However, the icon does not appear. How can I change that?
    01-30-10 07:32 PM
    right got a weird one for ya. installed BB maps through the desktop installer. didnt show up on my apps screen on my 8820. i then tried to follow your instructions on changing the ALS file. i get as far as:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\
    i do not have a folder Shared after that.
    i have:
    AppLoader
    Auto Update
    BBBI Drivers
    BBWebSLLauncher
    Modem Drivers
    RIMDeviceManager
    USB Drivers

but no shared folder. what can i do?
    The directories on my PC are very similar, and I cannot find the files that the guide refers to

Furthermore, I cannot download BB Maps from the AppStore. The site redirects my BB Browser to a warning and on the PC it crashes MSIE. What really sucks is that BB Maps used to work! Then I connected my 8800 to RIM DesktopManager and the DM disabled it somehow. Reseach In Malpractice
    Last edited by flop; 01-31-10 at 11:43 AM.
    01-31-10 11:36 AM
    i think google map is also good.
    m.google.com
    Yeah but its not the default and other apps don't launch it. For example, the Aloqa maps link opens BB Maps.
    01-31-10 11:45 AM
    Thanx alot worked perfectly........
    03-17-10 12:45 AM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD