Im having a hard time with the media application recognizing new MP3s I add to my card. The files are on there, my computer sees them, and the blackberry file explorer sees them... however, the media audio player still only sees the old MP3s I had on there and none of the new ones I've added.

Ive pulled the battery, turned the thing on and off, and it recognizes some songs. When I go to add more, it doesn't reindex.

Am I expected to power down the device every time I change some MP3s or pictures around? This is getting ridiculous. How do I force it to reindex my stuff? If not possible, is there a better mp3 application out there that I can install on this thing?

Thanks!
    08-08-07 04:35 PM
    I've had a similar problem, but usually after a few seconds it finds all of them. Sometimes I have to do a battery pull (the keyboard trick) and it works, but it is rare that it doesn't let you see any of the new files. How are you transferring the MP3s?

I'm also interested in a better MP3 application - one that supports playlists!
    08-09-07 12:19 PM
    Are you making sure to use the desktop manager to convert them as well as add them?
    08-09-07 12:50 PM
    I tried both ways. Transferring via USB and that Roxio trash software is slow and unreliable.

I now move all files to the microSD card directly... its much faster and always works.

The issue really can't be with the card or the method of transfer. The bottom line is, my files are already in the proper format, they're already on the microSD card, and the Blackberry can see and access the files via the File Explorer. The problem is obviously with the less than stellar Media app.
    08-09-07 03:46 PM
    I tried both ways. Transferring via USB and that Roxio trash software is slow and unreliable.

I now move all files to the microSD card directly... its much faster and always works.

The issue really can't be with the card or the method of transfer. The bottom line is, my files are already in the proper format, they're already on the microSD card, and the Blackberry can see and access the files via the File Explorer. The problem is obviously with the less than stellar Media app.
    I am having the same problem. I can see the files with media-explore but can't view the added files with media-music. Does anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by kbrock; 01-27-08 at 11:46 AM.
    01-27-08 11:38 AM
    Ran into this with my BB. I went to the the setup screen for the media card and selected “Remove Media Card”, then removed and reinserted the media card. This seemed to signal to the media software to re-index the contents of the “new” media card.
    01-27-08 08:56 PM
    A battery pull also works.
    01-27-08 11:51 PM
    short term solution (annoying but effective)
    delete the file "BBthumbs.dat" in the music subdirectory of SDcard
    (G:\BlackBerry\music on my SD)
    06-07-10 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD