08-07-10 09:44 PM
49 12
tools
    i just started a job so i get about 50 emails a day from people at my office and from our other offices so i don't know whether a message is junk or work unless of course it could be in a seperate folder... if it's work related i at least have to read the message if not respond to it so this problem became annoying the first day of using the blackberry
    08-31-07 03:28 PM
    I just don't get it, what's the big deal about having emails seperate? You know who emails you, and you know which account (email address) that said person has, so...
    Sometimes, especially on the weekends, I just don't want to see work emails. I don't need anything reminding me when I'm relaxing on a Sunday that I have to get up for work the next day.
    08-31-07 03:58 PM
    This is MOST disappointing.

I must say, as a Treo user for the last five years, a few of the Blackbeery shortcomings are rather huge in my book, but this one takes the cake.

It is unacceptable to merge all emails in one account. Simple unacceptable. When I am working, I don't want to see my home emails mixed in - - why do I need to see my wifes emails from JCrew newsletters or whatnot. They simple must fix this.
    09-01-07 12:46 AM
    I just don't get it, what's the big deal about having emails seperate? You know who emails you, and you know which account (email address) that said person has, so...

I'm with you on this one too navilyn, but one thing I dont understand either, people are always talking abt their ''messages'' folder as well, from everything which I know personally, setting your theme (assuming it accomodates it) to seperat the SMS and EMAILS will create a icon for each email account and leave the messages folder as well, why not just hide the messages folder, is it just me...or are people not using themes to accomodate what they are wishing for their device to do???
    09-01-07 01:02 AM
    I still can't seperate my work email from my gmail and school email... i
    Strange. The default theme on Sprint 8830 puts a mail icon/folder for each account you add during the setup. There's also a icon/folder for all of them. When the new mail is pushed you get a star on the all-e-mail folder and on the folder for that account. If you like you can hide the folder for all of the e-mails and read only e-mail from particular account. What's the big deal???
    09-01-07 08:40 AM
    BES email cannot be delivered anywhere other than to the messages folder, which happens to also recieve email from every BIS email account you have setup.

Pretty major software flaw... especially since the BES users are the ones paying the bills at RIM.
    09-02-07 05:30 PM
    i am having the same issues with all messages being dumped in my messages folder and my yahoo email folder. called verizon who forwarded me to blackberry... no luck. i contacted my IT dept for support and they are baffled too. will recheck forum frequently to see if anyone finds the answer, if i find it, i'll post what i find out.
    09-12-07 01:41 AM
    Empower Your BlackBerry
    has a new program that will separate your BES messages from BIS accounts.
    09-12-07 07:00 AM
    hooper, you stated the problem exactly right. Have you tested the Empower your blackberry software?

Also, to add my two cents. I spoke with RIM back in early August about this. From what I can tell, it just never ocurred to them to to allow the option to keep BES e-mails in their own separate e-mail box. I think they were just so thrilled to allow multiple POP accounts thru BIS, they forgot that the clutter and duplication in the master inbox would make business users on BES crazy

The fix of course is to give one the option of have BES e-mails in a separate folder.

It seems like this should be a simple software fix for BB.
    09-12-07 11:24 PM
    The new BES/BIS from Empower might just make me switch from my Treo700P to the 8830. My biggest hangup has been this interleaving of information. Now all we need is a decent threaded SMS app and I'll be at 100%. I think the BES non-mixer is enough for me to switch now though. Thanks for posting this!
    --Denny
    09-13-07 04:05 PM
    i'm too hesitant to pay money for any apps because my first 8830 didn't even last a week before there was a non fixible jvm error... i'd hate to pay money, fall in love with an app then be stuck like i am now with a new blackberry that i have to reinstall and in that case re-buy all the apps i previously had
    09-13-07 04:24 PM
    Can't you just transfer your apps to a new Berry?
    db
    09-13-07 06:04 PM
    Navilyn, it looks like I and others have a little problem with separation. When I turn on my Blackberry 8830, and go to the home page, I want to be able to click an icon and view JUST my workmail. Then, if I desire, I can view less important AOL personal email, for which I have an icon set up.

I did go to Message, options, etc and moved from THEME to SEPARATE. When I did that, it did give me a separate SMS icon, into which all the missed calls go. That helps relieve the email load, however ALL EMAIL MESSAGES STILL GO INTO THE MESSAGE ICON. For my AOL mail, it is duplicated in the AOL icon.

Without doing searches for particular mails, is there ANY way to REALLY SEPARATE MAIL?

I am doubtful at this point, unless Blackberry or other forum members have found a solution. Thanks. Jimbo
    Not sure if i'm understanding but each e-mail address I've set up has it's own folder plus the all inclusive messages folder on the applications page.
    09-17-07 01:09 AM
    I loaded the BB Smart e-mail viewer trial yesterday (CrackBerry.com - Software and Accessories. Seems to work great for reading embedded links in e-mails and for changing the colors of the header and text in an e-mail when you open it-useful if you are reading e-mails in main message folder where all the in-boxes land. To be clear, it does not change the color of an e-mail while in the in-box (which would also be helpful), but it does when you open it. I also loaded the the "Empower your blackberry" app that separates BES e-mail that hooper referred to. It seems to be working great as well. It creates a new e-mail box that seems to filter the BES e-mails so you can see them all at once. It does not have an icon to show when new messages come in, but that may change in future versions. The BB smart e-mail can be found on at Empower Your BlackBerry
    09-17-07 01:53 PM
    I have a Curve (8320). I would like my standard Call Log to be longer. Is there a way to make it bigger? My investigations so far seems to indicate that there isn't a way to do this.

Therefore, I have turned on the call logging. Is there a way to create a separate folder for just my call log?
    11-28-07 07:55 PM
    Navi the link for tips and tricks you have posted up above is dead...... any chance of reviving it?
    12-05-07 12:22 AM
    Bump for trying to find a fix so we can seperate our BES emails from our BIS emails!!!

WE NEED A FIX!!!!
    03-25-08 03:47 PM
    searching for answers is a good thing. We've discussed this many times on here...

Nonetheless, go to messages / options / general options / sms and email inboxes / change it from theme controlled...
    When I do that, the effect is:

I still have a messages icon on my home screen
    I still have an email icon on my home screen
    the contents of the messages folder (reached by clicking on the messages icon) is all my SMS and all my emails I have received
    the contents of the email folder is identical to the messages folder
    I am unable to see any new messages. I see the indicator on the home screen that shows that I have a new message, but it doesn't appear when I click on the message folder, the email folder, or anywhere else.

What is supposed to happen when I change from Theme Controlled? (I changed it to "Separate" to produce the results above.

Thanks. This is still my first week with my new phone.
    04-28-08 03:00 PM
    OMG, you guys are so silly. I have 2 email boxes and keep those separated. I also have my SMS messages separated and kept in my SMS box. Go into an email box. Hit menu and then Options, go to General Options. Then the last option on the bottom is SMS and Email Inboxes: Set this to SEPARATE! Then go to your Phone, hit menu and then Options. Go to Call Logging and set it to None. This will keep call log messages from invading your Messages box. You can easily see all the call logs anyway by hitting Send once from the home menu so the logging into Messages is a USELESS feature. What you're left with now is separate email boxes and SMS boxes. The Messages box still reads ALL of your separate email boxes together, but you can hide this icon if it bothers you that much.

Also, to dial a number that has letters in it, for instance 1-800-ICANTBLACKBERRY, just dial that. Type the number and spell out the words, the BB will autodial the correct number when you hit Send. I can't tell you how many people I've seen puzzled by this and when I tell them what the resolution is (which isn't really a resolution, it's just the way it works) they have this look on their face like I just told them the meaning of life. I know, it's something none of us would ever try and actually do because it's too simple of a function. This is why I keep telling people that it seems Apple people designed the Blackberry.... some of it's root functions are too much of a "duh", that people make it too complex.

Good luck everyone.
    Perfection. Thank you.
    09-07-08 02:33 PM
    There appears to be some confusion here as people are comparing BIS BB users to BES BB users. Seperating SMS and MMS message works for both. If all of your email accounts are BIS, the email folder fix above works fine. If you are a BES user, then the fix above DOES NOT WORK.

It's ridiculous that RIM has not provided a way to accomplish this and you have to pay additional $ to a third party soft provider. I have a BB because of work. If it wasn't for that, I'd be a Windows Mobile user.
    02-25-09 10:54 AM
    How can I make a separate folder inside the SMS and email folders to have all my sent messages?
    02-25-09 11:31 AM
    Here ist the solution for all BES Users. All you need is a BES starting at 4.1.6 Ask your Administrator to follow this article :

KB15003
    on the blackberry homepage
    (sry i do not have enough articles posted to show the whole link)

A new service book will be created and after posting service book to users the users will have a seperate icon for BES messages only. The "messages" folder with all messages will still stay as a feature...

Hopefully this will help
    09-10-09 09:18 AM
    Here ist the solution for all BES Users. All you need is a BES starting at 4.1.6 Ask your Administrator to follow this article :

KB15003
    on the blackberry homepage
    (sry i do not have enough articles posted to show the whole link)

A new service book will be created and after posting service book to users the users will have a seperate icon for BES messages only. The "messages" folder with all messages will still stay as a feature...

Hopefully this will help
    You actully need to have device OS 4.5 installed AND the BES needs to be updated to 4.6.1 ru4
    09-16-09 01:51 PM
    Hi,
    I have just brought the bold 9700 phone with V5.0 after having the curve V4.1 for over a year.

I am really struggling with having all of my BBM chats and emails going into my messages folder.

I have an icon on the homescreen for BBM, Messages, SMS & MMS etc....

I have managed to set it so that my SMS & MMS are in that folder but for some reason in the messages folder i receive my emails and also BBM chats. I just want to somehow have an icon for just my emails. I only have 1 email account registered to the phone.

Does any1 know any tips to seperate this??

Olivia
    08-07-10 09:44 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD