I can't figure out how to get the battery cover off. I push on the square chrome part on the back and try to slide it backwards, but it won't move. I'm afraid to push down to hard on the chrome square.
    03-28-08 01:55 PM
    Push down on the chrome square and pull down from the bottom. Should pop right off.
    03-28-08 02:13 PM
    Welcome to CB Newbie That door is a bit tough when you first get the phone though. Just take your time. You may have to push the chrome button and put your fingernail in between the space to "pry" it open
    busydallas likes this.
    03-28-08 02:19 PM
    I had that problem until I got an Otterbox - now I canNOT get to the battery compartment at all - problem solved! Actually, since I got the otterbox, I've been having less reason to pull the battery - I'm sure there is no link but it is curious.
    03-28-08 03:23 PM
    Near to top part of that chrome square, where it meets the rest of the BB is where you want to press. Press down while using your other hand to slide the door down and off. You are going to have to apply a bit of pressure. Makes you nervous the first few times, but these Berries are pretty well constucted. You're not going to hurt anything...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-28-08 03:49 PM
    I had some trouble with my battery door when I first got it - I was terrified of breaking the door so I wasn't pushing down hard enough. Just try pushing a little harder

03-28-08 04:33 PM
    Put a little umph in it.
    03-28-08 06:10 PM
    It's the top part, as mentioned, just push it down with a little bit of force and you'll be able to slide it off. Pushing down the middle won't do it.
    03-29-08 01:58 AM
    I just read on a blog from Semsons & Co. Inc. that they are offering free shipping on OtterBox cases for iPhones and BlackBerries. Their prices for the cases are pretty cheap too. This offer expires 4/14/08.
    03-31-08 12:50 PM
    A fingernail between the chrome square and the black case works for me.
    04-12-08 08:57 AM
    I'm about to give up. I've tried the nail to pry off the cover (lost two nails in the process), I've tried applying more pressure on the tops of the releases, etc. It still won't budge....do I have to make a trip to the Verizon store for someone to remove the darn cover??? This is incredibly frustrating. Any other suggestions out there?

Den
    04-01-09 05:59 PM
    Near to top part of that chrome square, where it meets the rest of the BB is where you want to press. Press down while using your other hand to slide the door down and off. You are going to have to apply a bit of pressure. Makes you nervous the first few times, but these Berries are pretty well constucted. You're not going to hurt anything...
    exactly like this.. maybe this picture will help. Red oval shows the 'clip' that you're trying to disengage under the 'chrome square'.

04-01-09 06:20 PM
    Do we have cover removal yet?

04-01-09 06:32 PM
    3,709 views and counting lol
    04-01-09 06:37 PM
    I have the 8310 as well and have tried for about an hour to get the battry cover off. I've tried the fingernail trick, pushing down the cover, pulling up the cover, nothing works. Help I have everything in here, I use it everyday
    religiously. I have a family member who has called me and that is incoming call is stuck on the screen. Nothing works.
    05-25-09 11:17 AM
    You can reset the phone without pulling the battery. Push the Alt+shift+del buttons at the same time. The screen will go blank, and in a minute or two, the white screen will come up. Wait for the hourglass, and push the buttons again. This is a double soft reboot.
    05-25-09 02:00 PM
    Figured out (with some help) that the Tour cover does NOT slide off. It LIFTS off. Slide the chrome piece down and LIFT the cover.
    08-28-09 11:00 AM
    I just push down on the cover itself pushing down on the center chrome does not unlock it as its more of a sliding clip to keep the parts flush. But that's just me

08-29-09 08:30 PM
    taking out the battery was what did the trick! thank you!
    11-28-09 06:56 PM
    It was so easy once I figured out the WHOLE back of the phone comes off, not where the silly indentations are
    01-03-10 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the help -- ie - THE COVER IS LIFTED UP - NOT SLID DOWN.
    04-29-11 12:25 PM
    None of these have worked, I hurt my thumb in the process from all that pushing and pulling
    05-27-11 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD