By now, I've realized that you cannot view html email on the device without paying extra for a third party software program as BBSmart viewer, etc. But how do you configure your BB to let you click on links within your emails? My husband and i bought our BB together and configured email the same way, but he can click on his links and I can't. He doesn't know how he did it and didn't buy any addtnl software...

Please help, BTW, I'm addicted to crackberry
    07-09-08 10:16 AM
    By now, I've realized that you cannot view html email on the device without paying extra for a third party software program as BBSmart viewer, etc. But how do you configure your BB to let you click on links within your emails? My husband and i bought our BB together and configured email the same way, but he can click on his links and I can't. He doesn't know how he did it and didn't buy any addtnl software...

Please help, BTW, I'm addicted to crackberry
    I would not pay extra for the html email because they are going to release 4.5 you will be able to do that anyway. As far as the links in the email I never had that problem sorry i can't help.
    07-09-08 10:38 AM
    If you cannot click on the links in an email, your service books are corrupted...What you need to do is clear the service books and restore it.

Here's the excerpt from the Blackberry tech site

Task 1 - Delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book

If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or later, you cannot clear the Service Book database unless you delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book first. To delete the service book, complete the following steps on the BlackBerry device:

Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
    From the Home screen, click Options.

Note: Depending on the theme running on your device, you may need to click Settings, then Options.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Advanced Options, then Service Book.

OR

If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or earlier, click Service Book.
    Click the Desktop [SYNC] service book and select Delete.
    In the Are You Sure? dialog box, click Delete.

Note: The above steps will also take affect when trying to delete the Desktop [Sync] and/or Desktop [Cical] service book to restore the address book, memo pad, calendar and tasks from a backup file.

Task 2 - Clear the Service Book database

Complete the following steps:

Make sure your BlackBerry device is connected to your computer.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Backup and Restore.
    On the Backup and Restore window, click Advanced. The Backup/Restore window appears.
    In the list of BlackBerry device databases, select Service Book, then click Clear.

Note: If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or later, and you do not delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book, the Service Book database will not be accessible.
    Click OK in the Warning window.
    Click Close.

Task 3 - Restore the Service Book database

To restore the Service Book database on your BlackBerry device, disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer, wait 5 seconds, then reconnect the BlackBerry device.
    07-09-08 01:53 PM
    If you cannot click on the links in an email, your service books are corrupted...What you need to do is clear the service books and restore it.

Here's the excerpt from the Blackberry tech site

Task 1 - Delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book

If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or later, you cannot clear the Service Book database unless you delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book first. To delete the service book, complete the following steps on the BlackBerry device:

Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
    From the Home screen, click Options.

Note: Depending on the theme running on your device, you may need to click Settings, then Options.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Advanced Options, then Service Book.

OR

If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or earlier, click Service Book.
    Click the Desktop [SYNC] service book and select Delete.
    In the Are You Sure? dialog box, click Delete.

Note: The above steps will also take affect when trying to delete the Desktop [Sync] and/or Desktop [Cical] service book to restore the address book, memo pad, calendar and tasks from a backup file.

Task 2 - Clear the Service Book database

Complete the following steps:

Make sure your BlackBerry device is connected to your computer.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Backup and Restore.
    On the Backup and Restore window, click Advanced. The Backup/Restore window appears.
    In the list of BlackBerry device databases, select Service Book, then click Clear.

Note: If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or later, and you do not delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book, the Service Book database will not be accessible.
    Click OK in the Warning window.
    Click Close.

Task 3 - Restore the Service Book database

To restore the Service Book database on your BlackBerry device, disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer, wait 5 seconds, then reconnect the BlackBerry device.

When I did this the service books did not come back on. Help. I have a Pearl 8130
    07-11-08 09:58 PM
    When I did this the service books did not come back on. Help. I have a Pearl 8130

I find my own answer in another post. Whew!
    07-11-08 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD