I need to reset my phone to the factory settings. Is there a way to do that?
    06-06-07 01:46 PM
    Try 'wipe handheld' - options / security options / general settings / menu / wipe handheld / "blackberry"

Am not sure if this will reset the device itself to factor settings, but it would not harm to try. Alternatively, reload the O.S
    Try 'wipe handheld' - options / security options / general settings / menu / wipe handheld / "blackberry"

Am not sure if this will reset the device itself to factor settings, but it would not harm to try. Alternatively, reload the O.S
    Crusader_1 likes this.
    06-06-07 02:03 PM
    Thanks! I think that it worked.
    06-06-07 02:06 PM
    I am setting my friend's up and the wipe worked, however, we still do not have a Browser icon on the unit. The reason for the wipe was exactly that. Any suggestions?
    06-06-07 02:12 PM
    The browser icon will NOT show up if their wireless account does NOT have a data plan...
    06-06-07 02:22 PM
    The mistake was ours. The mobile network option had not been checked. Once it was, the Browser icon appeared.
    06-09-07 09:57 AM
    I had a question along the lines of resetting the OS...When we got our BB boot for the first time, remember we all selected a language?
    Now is that just the language of the menu? or, the language(s) the BB will support? i want to read Asian fonts on my BB, am I asking the right question? It wont hurt to switch my menu to a different language, just for protection for theft...Hope you don't mind my question.
    I kinda want to go back to that stage again, do anyone have experience getting there by reinstalling or something?
    01-31-08 10:42 PM
    Is there anyway to restore the memo pad?
    01-11-09 11:04 AM
    Is there anyway to restore the memo pad?
    Elaborate a little more on restoring the memo pad please.
    01-11-09 12:36 PM

Does this delete all apps as well?
    07-05-09 09:21 PM
    Does this delete all apps as well?
    it asks if you want to delete 3rd party apps, right before asking you to "type B L A C K B E R R Y to confirm wipe"
    08-18-09 10:16 PM
    so are you deleting 3rd part apps or resetting the whole sebang?by the way i don't have a "general" option just "advanced".what do I do now?
    12-26-09 06:38 PM
    I wonder if this would erase the T-Mobile settings for the wi-fi connection because I dont want to pay their hotspot to use my wi-fi.

If this Wipe does not work, is there a way to erase that?

Thanks!
    01-04-10 11:16 AM
    at the risk of sounding foolish,

ive gone to options > security options > general settings;

but theres no menu button

mine reads:

---

content compression;
    content protection
    strength:
    include contacts:

services:
    wlm 2.1
    peer

secure gc

---

how would i master reset?
    01-21-10 03:26 PM
    Hey guys, I just bought a Tour second hand. It's in mint condition, and I love the phone, however I have tried every method listed to remove the IT policy, and it still says "activated for enterprise server" when I try to set up a push email account. I've used CrackUtil, JL_Cmder, the 7 step process listed involving the Policy.bin and regedit, and the Loader.exe, resettofactory option. They all caused the phone to do a wipe, and one of them brought up some introductory text that said Jack or the original guy who posted the remove IT policy process' name, and that his policy was on the phone. Is there a different process required for new phones? Is there any way I can nuke the phone, and rip everything off it, then reinstall factory software with a blank IT policy? And is there any way I can do any of this from a mac? I've been using my brother's Toshiba, and Windows 7 has been a royal pain. Let me know.

Thanks.
    01-23-10 01:50 PM

mine reads:
    ---
    ---
    That is the BlackBerry button
    02-02-10 01:19 PM
    If I wipe out my 8830, do I have to reload the OS? Or will it just wipe out any personal info like contacts?
    03-16-10 04:25 PM
    Hey guys, I just bought a Tour second hand. It's in mint condition, and I love the phone, however I have tried every method listed to remove the IT policy, and it still says "activated for enterprise server" when I try to set up a push email account. I've used CrackUtil, JL_Cmder, the 7 step process listed involving the Policy.bin and regedit, and the Loader.exe, resettofactory option. They all caused the phone to do a wipe, and one of them brought up some introductory text that said Jack or the original guy who posted the remove IT policy process' name, and that his policy was on the phone. Is there a different process required for new phones? Is there any way I can nuke the phone, and rip everything off it, then reinstall factory software with a blank IT policy? And is there any way I can do any of this from a mac? I've been using my brother's Toshiba, and Windows 7 has been a royal pain. Let me know.

Thanks.
    I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I'll do more searching.
    03-17-10 11:30 AM
    I think its wipe. Try to look at the settings. explore your berry.
    03-18-10 04:14 PM
    It's slightly different on different versions of the OS. However this procedure may not work if you have a corporate policy installed. Sometimes the policy persists after a wipe and it's necessary to hack into it to change the policy. This is only possible with OS versions 4.3 and higher.
    03-18-10 08:23 PM

mine reads:

---

content compression;
    content protection
    strength:
    include contacts:

services:
    wlm 2.1
    peer

secure gc

---

Once in the general settings screen.. press the blackberry "menu icon" button on your phone keyboard. This will bring up the menu for under General Settings.
    03-19-10 04:52 PM
    Great post! Yes this works. This works very well if you need to remove all data and apps.

be aware that this will wipe and delete everything and will take you to a setup wizard upon restart. Only do this if you want to reset it completely. I just recieved a new phone under the warranty plan and needed to send the old one back, so doing the wipe was an excellent way for me to remove everything and it worked well in my case.

Another option if you want to just delete certain files, contacts, email databases, etc. is to download the "Blackberry Desktop" application from Blackberry. This will allow you to choose alacart what you want to delete and also provides backup and restore options. I would encourage anyone to backup the device using this before deleting or wiping.
    03-19-10 05:03 PM
    How do i reset my bb bold 9000??? is there any other way to do it without using the wipe option because my bb is not letting me go to the menu :S
    04-28-10 02:12 AM
    How do i reset my bb bold 9000??? is there any other way to do it without using the wipe option because my bb is not letting me go to the menu :S
    You can download BBSAK on your PC and use it to wipe your BlackBerry.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-28-10 07:31 PM
    God, After all of this madness today, Who would have guessed that a wipe handheld would work. I have had headache after headache after this upgrade. I bought it from Craigslist with the previous owner's crap on it. I could not figure the 8900 out for the life of me. I upgraded it from the 8310, And I liked that one a bit better as far as finding things that I wanted to eliminate and alter. Anyway, The Wipe Handheld is a Godsend to this telephone.
    05-04-10 06:22 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD