Hey guys....im new to the forum. I have the 8830 and when someone sends me a file attachment, I can see the attachment in the email with the byte size but no where do I see a place to open this attachment. Is there something special I need to do?

I also need the ability to open word and excel docs that people may email to me....is there a special download i need to achieve this? Thanks so much in advance.
    01-15-08 10:15 AM
    Yes, Telka, you especially need to click the menu key (left of trackball) and VIEW ATTACHMENT.

Mind you, not all attachments can be viewed on a BB.

As it is, you should be able to view word and excel documents on your BB already, the capability is there. If you need enhanced viewing, try BeamBerry or Repligo. If you need to edit those documents, see eOffice by Dynoplex.

BeamBerry is my favorite.
    01-15-08 10:34 AM
    So if i dont see view attachment in my menu then what? I tried every type of attachment. jpg, pdf, doc, xls and none of them have a View attachment option in the menu.
    01-15-08 10:47 AM
    Make sure your cursor is on the attachment, then hit the BB function key.
    01-15-08 01:28 PM
    Heres some info you guys can put in your knowledge base. Apparently if your running the desktop redirector you cant get file attachments. I have to setup the webmail and fwd mail to it in order to have the option to view attachments....this sounds ******** to me but this is typical of verizon
    01-15-08 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD