I have a BB8800. I would like to use the default ATT theme for a while. I have heard that there is a way to move icons/programs from subfolders to the main screen, move everything the way I want, then hide the stuff I do not. Is this possible? How? PLEASE HELP!!!
    03-04-08 11:45 AM
    when you are in the folder you want and you are on the icon you want to move just hit the BB menu button(the button on the left of the track ball) and then select "move" and then move it out of the folder!
    03-04-08 11:50 AM
    When I click the BB menu button, then "move", I can move the icon anywhere I want to within the subfolder, but by no means will it let me out of the subfolder until I click the trackball or press enter to complete the move. How--exactly step by step--do you move the icon out of the subfolder once it has been selected and "move" has been selected from the BB menu? I am not stupid, but it will not let me move it out of the subfolder. Thanks in advance!
    03-04-08 12:16 PM
    select the icon your wanting to move >>> press the menu key and select move >>> Scroll the icon to the "up" folder (it should be directly on top of it) >>> press enter
    03-04-08 12:36 PM
    Okay, pardon me for not seeing it or being completely ignorant, but what is the "up" folder and where is it? There is no "up" folder above the first icon in the application folder on the ATT theme.
    03-04-08 12:50 PM
    when you are in the subfolder that your wanting to move the icon out of and onto the main desktop there is a folder that you should see in the upper left corner of the screen called the "up" folder ... this folder does nothing more than take you back to the main desktop
    03-04-08 12:55 PM
    Maybe it was ATT messing with my phone, but there is no "up" folder in the subfolder. It sounds like you are speaking of a file explorer type program. If there is some other way, please let me know. When I am in the ATT theme, go into the subfolder, find the icon, click BB menu and select move, there is absolutely no "up" folder in the upper left hand corner. The only way I can get out of the subfolder and back to the home screen is by pressing the "back" button to the right of the trackball. Any help is appreciated.
    03-04-08 01:11 PM
    Thank you! I was struggling with that for a while! Great tip... The SMS/MMS Icon in the applications folder made no sense!
    04-03-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD