I just got a used blackberry to replace my last one. I cant use the slacker app because of the firewall issue. On my last one i could just enable and disable it, but on this one i dont have that option. Theres a little red lock next to it. What can i do to disable the firewall so I can jam to some music. Thanks.
    02-03-09 10:10 PM
    I just got a used blackberry to replace my last one. I cant use the slacker app because of the firewall issue. On my last one i could just enable and disable it, but on this one i dont have that option. Theres a little red lock next to it. What can i do to disable the firewall so I can jam to some music. Thanks.
    Sounds like an IT security policy from a BES server.
    02-05-09 06:18 PM
    How would I go about fixing this?
    02-06-09 03:19 PM
    If you are not on a BES go to Options -> Security Options -> Firewall, disable it.

If you are on a BES it is being forced down by an IT Policy from the BES Server, nothing you can do but talk to the boss/IT Dept and they probably won't budge.
    02-07-09 12:01 PM
    Here's the definitive fix http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/.
    02-07-09 12:17 PM
    I got the same problem. Little red lock next to the firewall option drop down list.

I'm on BIS.

It is a brand new phone bought from my service provider a couple of months ago.

The little red lock appears ONLY at my firewall and no where else. (e.g password etc...)
    Last edited by JayBern; 12-31-09 at 07:07 AM.
    12-31-09 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD