Crackberry newb here... haven't even activated my BB8830 World Edition on a network yet, but am using it for a PDA currently.

So my question is.. how can I change the icons/applications that show up on my front/home page?

I am currently running the "BB Dimension Today" theme, and want to remove the "Messages" icon, and "Missed Calls" icon, and replace them with someone more useful to me (such as Tasks).

Any idea how to do this? Or does this require creating my own theme? (which I have no idea how to do)?

Any ideas or suggestions!?

Thanks!
    08-21-07 10:33 AM
    Use the Move function to rearrange icon location. The top row of icons is displayed on the home page and you can move any icon you want into this top row.

1. Position over the icon you want to move.
    2. Press the BB Menu Key (it's to the left of the Trackball).
    3. Select Move by pushing the Trackball.
    4. Move the Trackball until you have the icon in the top row or where you want it.
    5. Press the Trackball again to deposit the icon in the location.

HH
    daisybid likes this.
    08-22-07 09:45 AM
    Is there a method to alter the components of the BB Dimension Today Theme? I tried to re-arrange the icons and it worked for the Zen theme.

Thanks
    Links
    08-29-07 09:42 AM
    Is there a method to alter the components of the BB Dimension Today Theme? I tried to re-arrange the icons and it worked for the Zen theme.

Thanks
    Links
    I think the only thing you can do is change the wallpaper and rearrange the icons on the applications screen.

There are some other Today themes around try Eveek.com or you could activate the homescreens for other service providers which will give you a couple of Today theme options that are slightly different than Verizon's, I tried them but decided I didn't like the color layout.
    08-29-07 07:27 PM
    Use the Move function to rearrange icon location. The top row of icons is displayed on the home page and you can move any icon you want into this top row.

4. Move the Trackball until you have the icon in the top row or where you want it.

HH

I found a way to do it just do the above but change the first two top lines in applications to what ever icons you want then it will show on the desktop it also all depends on the theme your using. Im using the BB Dimension L but it should be almost the same for the others.
    Last edited by RoidMky; 11-05-08 at 07:13 PM.
    11-05-08 07:00 PM
    I lost my home page somehow. I have the applications that I want on the top row but can't get it to give me the "abbreviated" home page...What did I do?

thanks in advance
    11-06-08 07:58 AM
    I lost my home page somehow. I have the applications that I want on the top row but can't get it to give me the "abbreviated" home page...What did I do?

thanks in advance
    Change themes from Icon to Zen.
    11-06-08 09:21 AM
    Excellent! Thank you very much.
    11-06-08 09:36 AM

HH

I found a way to do it just do the above but change the first two top lines in applications to what ever icons you want then it will show on the desktop it also all depends on the theme your using. Im using the BB Dimension L but it should be almost the same for the others.
    I'm a new BB owner, and have found the answer to every query I've had (including this one) on this forum. Many thanks.

Julian
    12-22-08 10:40 PM
    I love you guys. Have had every answer solved here so far...Thnxs!!!
    12-26-08 03:10 PM
    I have an 8703e....there is no BB menu key..just the scroll wheel on the side...is there a way I can change positions of icons on my phone for the BB Zen theme?
    01-18-10 07:37 PM
    I love you Crackberry persons....everything I need to know about my BBTour has been found here in this forum. Now I am moving my apps front/back whatever I need to move & I learned it here on CRACKBERRY. thank you
    03-24-10 09:08 PM
    Hello everyone. I am a proud owner of a bb bold 9700. I ordered a theme for the phone. What i'm noticing is that it changed my main page. All my icons are gone except messages and sms. How do i put the other icons back
    04-18-10 10:57 PM
    im using purple berry_today and it erased all my icons off the my front main screen. now i have to go into the main menu to get them. otherwise i have to change my theme back to reset it the way it was...
    04-18-10 11:08 PM

HH
    Regards!!!
    07-21-10 09:19 AM
    Ok Newb here as well. I have a BBCurve8530 and want to show more icons on my homepage. Is this possible and if so how do I do it?
    08-17-10 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD