hi
    i need to debrand my phone. which file should i use and how can i debrand it
    thanks in advance
    10-22-08 11:58 AM
    debranding it means taking off the faceplate that has a carriers logo on it?
    is that what you want?

or do you want to update it using a different carriers OS and delete carrier stuff from the OS?
    10-22-08 12:00 PM
    debranding it means taking off the faceplate that has a carriers logo on it?
    is that what you want?

or do you want to update it using a different carriers OS and delete carrier stuff from the OS?
    hi
    thanks for reply i want to delete the carrier stuff from the os.i want to use the mms and other applications from other carriers than tmobile. how can i do it?
    best regards
    10-24-08 08:37 AM
    can somebody help me please
    10-25-08 11:53 AM
    i wanna do the same. i know how but im scared it will efect my unlocked thing.
    11-02-08 08:33 PM
    can somebody help me please
    The upgrade / downgrade procedure that's linked in my sig will show you how.
    i wanna do the same. i know how but im scared it will efect my unlocked thing.
    What you want to do is not possible. I read your posts in the other forum. You can't run a Verizon OS on an AT&T phone. And as a MOD NOTE: double posting is prohibited. I deleted your duplicate post.
    11-02-08 08:45 PM
    Hi, I�m new in this forum and there are many very interessting news.

My problem with BB 8800 (T-Mobile branded) is, to wipe away the complete T-mobile branding, because I want to use the BB with another carrier (Vodafone). The canceling of the PIN of the BB at the database of T-mobile is already done successfully. Only after total cleaning from T-mobile brandings, it will be possible to use the mail-push-service, too (the Vodafone hotline told me this. But he also told me, that it is a specialty of T-Mobile, they do hardware and software branding on "their BBs").

Could anyone help me or tell me, if it is possible to do a total cleaning of the BB, ready to use with another carrier with no limits because of T-Mobile?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Fred
    11-25-08 02:35 PM
    wiping all the TMO info is NOT possible because it is embedded in the phone. Once you get the phone unlocked you can use it with any GSM carrier without any of TMO's restrictions.
    11-25-08 06:07 PM
    @keswan:

ok, this means, I can use my BB as a normal phone with another GSM carrier (I already do with Vodafone), but the restrictions of TMO concerning the mail push-services f.e. still keep alive :-(

A way to use full services of my GSM carrier is to get another BB, which is unlocked with no branding or with branding of my GSM carrier.

Am I right? Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Fred_v_Jupiter; 11-26-08 at 04:16 AM.
    11-26-08 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD