I have an 8830WE thru Verizon. Just updated OS to 4.2. That's all Verizion had. Cannot open many websites. I get a Java Script not enabled. When I tell it to enable it won't. My verizon guys tell me BB doesn't have Java. Any suggestions? I would like to be able to view all websites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 09:33 PM
    BlackBerry's don't have Flash, which will limit some websites. I have found the following settings to work well: check all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly.
    03-07-09 09:36 PM
    I couldn't find Browser Configuration. Tried every place I could think of. I even had my kids try to find it. In Options, then Advanced Options, I have Browser and Browser Push. I couldn't find anything with Support Style Sheets. I did switch from the Blackberry internet to the regular internet browser. Do you think that would help?
    03-09-09 08:26 AM
    Open the Browser....Menu.....Options.....Browser Configuration
    03-09-09 09:47 AM
    Okay, got it. Thanx. I've had a BlackBerry for years, just never tried to see what it could do. One more question, how can get the OS 4.5 update? Updated last week on Verizon and it only updated to 4.2. Would 4.5 make any difference or should I just leave the 4.2 alone?
    03-09-09 10:03 AM
    Since you are on VZW you can only get 4.2 and the available upgrade. You get a lots of extras with 4.5 but if you ever need tech support on your phone you may get some flack from VZW because you are on an unsupported OS. There is a sticky post at the top of this forum with a link to the 4.5.0.135 OS. I would give it a try and if you have any issues, you can always downgrade back to 4.2.
    03-09-09 10:18 AM
    Thanks. I may give 4.5 a try. Appreciate all of your help.
    03-09-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD