My BlackBerry 8830 has started acting weird the last few days. The hourglass appears about every five seconds, and the data transfer indicator comes on. The trackball is really slow to respond.

I have about 20mb of file free memory, so that's not the issue. I tried disabling/uninstalling all the programs that might be trying to look online for data, like Google Sync and BlackBerry Maps.

When I go into the task application and try to do a "delete completed," I get an error, something like "net.rim.vm.toomanythreadserror." I use the task application heavily, along with an add-in program called Task Master.

I'm actually getting a brand new Curve tomorrow, but I'm worried that I might transfer the problem to that phone with the change device wizard. Plus I want to make sure I don't lose anything in the process....

Suggestions?

Josh
    07-16-08 05:48 PM
    Pull the battery.
    07-16-08 07:11 PM
    How could I hold my head up as a BlackBerry owner if I hadn't already performed the rite of the Battery Pull?

I meant to mention it in my original post, but I have pulled the battery numerous times.

Any other suggestions?
    Josh
    07-16-08 07:38 PM
    Task Master is probably to blame then. If you have any program set to start automatically on startup (some do this, but not all) disable that. Pull the battery and check stability. Then start that app again and check. Generally speaking with nothing but the base BB apps on the Task Pane after a full restart, the BB should not be hourglassing at all.

My money is on Task Master or something else that you're running and keeping running in the background that you might not know is there for some reason.
    07-16-08 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD