This has probably been discussed before abd maybe someone can point me to the thread but sometimes the hourglass just keeps spinning and spinning-lagging the whole OS pretty badly. It is usually when I try to visit websites where the blackberry has to "run script" but it also just spazzed out when I tried to open an email using the gmail app. Thanks!

Edit: why does this happen and what should I do!? (I did a soft reset last time)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 10:03 AM
    I'm not sure why it happens, but like you said, I do a reset when it happens to me also.

07-23-08 07:58 PM
    Memory leak, battery pull will resolve but it will happen again. I upgraded to 4.5.0.51 and it isn't as bad as it was. Seems heavy browser use was the most common reason, but some apps caused it too. I removed many apps and downloaded and loaded from sd card, really seemed to help

07-23-08 08:19 PM
    Memory leak, battery pull will resolve but it will happen again. I upgraded to 4.5.0.51 and it isn't as bad as it was. Seems heavy browser use was the most common reason, but some apps caused it too. I removed many apps and downloaded and loaded from sd card, really seemed to help, I too have a 8830 WE

07-23-08 08:20 PM
    that happened to me, i reprogrammed the phone, and resent service books and never saw it again.
    07-23-08 08:20 PM
    look for stoners guide for memory and try this hit alt LGLG on your phone it brings up a log hit the menu button then clear log this clears a lot of memory make sure you do a battery pull afterwards
    07-23-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD