Hey guys, so i was just messing around with my vzw 8830 while watching the laker/celtic game, and i opened up my browser and clicked on "Connect" thru the vzw homepage. I've noticed that the home screen has been different for awhile now and apparently you can log onto yahoo, windows live, myspace, etc....so i tried windows live and it allowed me to check my hotmail email account...i know its probably been around for a bit but i just got back from a trip and its darn exciting to me. WOndering if anyone else noticed or anything interesting thats new and i should know about?
    06-15-08 10:38 PM
    Yup noticed it too! Also I added my @hotmail account through my BIS on my phone through auto configure and it finally accepted it, but unfortunately it hasn't pushed anything since I set it up yesterday. So that's still a no go but its making progress....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 09:45 AM
    Yup noticed it too! Also I added my @hotmail account through my BIS on my phone through auto configure and it finally accepted it, but unfortunately it hasn't pushed anything since I set it up yesterday. So that's still a no go but its making progress....

My hotmail account was finally accepted as well, but nothing pushed. I've tried to reconcile the account, but still nothing. Anyone know a solution?
    06-16-08 10:13 AM
    Wait for BIS2.5 please.

This has been discussed in various threads on this forum. It has to do with free vs pay-for Hotmail account. Currently MS does not allow any POP3 or mobile devices/apps to poll the Free Hotmail accounts we setup. With BIS2.5, RIM has some kind of partnership with MS to allow them to poll those account without them needing to be pay-for accounts.
    06-16-08 04:49 PM
    Wait for BIS2.5 please.

This has been discussed in various threads on this forum. It has to do with free vs pay-for Hotmail account. Currently MS does not allow any POP3 or mobile devices/apps to poll the Free Hotmail accounts we setup. With BIS2.5, RIM has some kind of partnership with MS to allow them to poll those account without them needing to be pay-for accounts.
    Yeah I know.... I've read most of the threads about it but was excited to see that it actually accepted configuring it now... With his post about the new interface/page, I was simply pointing out that things are getting closer! It will be nice to finally get hotmail on my phone!

Brandon
    06-16-08 11:32 PM
    The VZW startpage being different has nothing to do with BIS support changes.
    06-17-08 02:13 PM
    Any idea when BIS2.5 will be released?
    06-23-08 04:53 PM
    Any idea when BIS2.5 will be released?
    They are doing the update the 28th/29th of this month... But unfortunately I think until we get OS 4.5 we won't be able to use it to its full potential....

06-23-08 05:00 PM
    The Hotmail stuff should work with the current OS I think. It's just BIS that needs upgrading for that.
    06-23-08 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD