I am new to this and any help would be appreciated. When I click on the mouse roller ball it types 'uo' everytime. If I click on the back arrow to the right of the roller ball it types 'hl' everytime. When I click on the zero 0, it types yl

Symbol key= b
    0 zero key=yl
    mouse roll ball= uo
    back key=hl

Anyone know what caused this. I did drop a little bit of water but all the other keys respond well.
    03-09-08 12:10 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your BB on, take out the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in.
    03-09-08 01:00 PM
    i've tried that. It seems that some keys respond and others do not. I was thinking of getting that small allan wrench and openning it up. . I'm trying it right now
    03-09-08 01:03 PM
    i mean..i'll try it again
    03-09-08 01:04 PM
    Dang,

same thing. Good thing for the 'enter' key and the delete key
    03-09-08 01:05 PM
    Sounds like the keypad is broken... You can see if AT&T will replace it for you.
    03-09-08 01:52 PM
    Yeah. It will be water damage. full price of device Oh well.
    03-09-08 01:58 PM
    Thanks though
    03-09-08 03:41 PM
    Hey guys I just joined up because my 8310 is doing the same thing. There is no water damage on my phone, and sometimes taking the battery out to reset helps.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?
    04-22-08 01:21 PM
    8830 Blackberries have 2 serious defects. One is the trackball. I had to have my new phone replaced after 3 days. The second is the case will snap off your belt.
    04-23-08 09:21 AM
    turn it off.

press the trackball down as far as it will go and roll it in the direction(s) its stuck in.
    should help removed whatever is stuck on / under it.
    04-23-08 05:38 PM
    Try cleaning the ball and if tht doesn't work get your BB replaced if its still under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 05:54 PM
    same here, its the same HL when i press the back key, seems to be some kind of defect that is dormant in many ATT curves.
    05-08-08 11:20 PM
    turn it off.

press the trackball down as far as it will go and roll it in the direction(s) its stuck in.
    should help removed whatever is stuck on / under it.
    My 8830 was operating erratically - every time I rolled the trackball it would start some new commands, like opening new email or dialing phone numbers even though I hadn't tried to select that action.

I had already done a hard reboot twice - pulling the battery. Then I removed the trackball retaining ring and cleaned the trackball with rubbing alcohol. Still no good. I was pretty much resigned to getting a new bb, when I spotted this advice.

I turned off the unit and pressed down hard and rolled the trackball around. When I restarted, everything was running fine. Thanks.
    06-06-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD