The desktop manager that I'm running said that I needed to activate me media card... and I went to options on my BB and told it to turn on the media card, ( I think) and manager still says that its not active
    Any ideas?
    Katie
    10-27-08 12:12 AM
    Do you have a memory card in the phone? Did you install it correctly?
    10-27-08 09:27 AM
    yes I actually went to verizon and they installed the card for me and said that it was activated, all of the options are where they are suposed to be on my device, but the desktop manager says that i still need to activate it, what the real problem is, I can transfer files from the device memory to the SD card but then when I try to take them from the desk top to the device memory it doesn't recognize that there is a card there
    10-29-08 03:04 PM
    When you plugged it into the computer through the USB did you click yes to turning on the mass storage mode on the BB?
    10-30-08 11:48 AM
    Also, you may need to go into Disk Management on your PC and make sure that the drive letter asigned to the BB's media card slot is not overlapping another removeable drive or a staticly mapped network drive on your PC.

Find the icon for My Computer on your Start Menu or Desktop (not a shortcut, but the actual reg pointer icon), right-click on it and choose Manage from the context menu. Then on the left go to Disk Management and look on the right hand side of the screen. Look for a listing that says Removeable Drive. Unplug the BB and plug it back in if you're not sure you're seeing the correct one if you've got multiple listings.

Also, on the BB, make sure Mass Storage Mode is turned on and either set to prompt or enabled when plugged into a PC to enable it.

All else fails, take the memory card out and use a card reader to get the files on or off he card via your PC.

BTW, if you don't see the drive register on your PC when you plug it in, you've either not turned on Mass Storage Support on the BB or you have driver issues for the BB. You need to have Desktop Manager loaded in order for the correct drivers to load for the BB and its storage card to be seen by your PC.
    10-30-08 01:03 PM
    Thanks All Wish Me Luck
    10-30-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD