Trying to send 5 digit text (30333) to RED CROSS to donate. It doesn't send. I tried to compose as a PIN message as SMS and email just wants me to pick from my contacts list. What is that 5 digit number and how do I send a text message to it? Thanks for your help. Totally not a crackberry yet!
    01-23-10 09:23 AM
    Your plan might not support those type of messages. I would call your provider and see if they do.
    01-23-10 09:25 AM
    Wow really? I will check with them, but an international fund drive, with the largest carrier in Canada not supporting it, already raising 10M? I think I just don't know what I'm doing!
    01-23-10 09:30 AM
    I am not saying that they don't support the fund raiser, I meant the short code texting some carriers just support full numbers.
    01-23-10 09:33 AM
    You should be able to text to a short code. If you can type in phone numbers i don't see why you couldn't type a short code

SMS/MMS
    Menu
    Compose SMS Text
    Hold Alt
    Type the short code numbers (even if your phone book comes up)
    Click trackball when done
    Scroll down to body and type
    Menu
    Send

At what point are you getting stuck?
    01-23-10 09:34 AM
    Thanks for your help! It seems the 5 digit numbers (for all of the relief effort donations I'm interested in) are to be sent using an SMS message. NO red X, not sent message! So it must have worked and it should be applied to my next bill. Thanks again. Cheers.
    01-23-10 09:47 AM
    You should get a reply message confirming that you donated. i donated during the telethon last night and i got a confirm and then a thank you SMS.

Glad you got it sent.
    01-23-10 09:48 AM
    Is there any way to mark the thread as being answered/solved?
    01-23-10 09:53 AM
    i can change your thread title to include "solved." Generally we don't do that although i think it's a great idea.
    01-23-10 10:01 AM
    Thanks if you can do that. I use a forum that lets you indicate if a question has been solved. Makes for a better use of time on everyone's part. Cheers!
    01-23-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD