Hi if anyone could help me that would be greatly apprenticed i just returned home from the US and while i was over there i was sold a "unlocked" Verizon Blackberry 8830 WE when i got home to australia i put my sim card in and i can call and recive calls and send and recieve sms but i can not access internet or email and i am getting the feeling that the phone is not 3g compatible is there any way that i can make the phone work here with my optus account or did i get hosed lol

thankyou
    11-05-09 11:01 PM
    Hi if anyone could help me that would be greatly apprenticed i just returned home from the US and while i was over there i was sold a "unlocked" Verizon Blackberry 8830 WE when i got home to australia i put my sim card in and i can call and recive calls and send and recieve sms but i can not access internet or email and i am getting the feeling that the phone is not 3g compatible is there any way that i can make the phone work here with my optus account or did i get hosed lol

thankyou
    Have u got a data plan active? Which carrier? Have u activated the pin on the network you are using?
    No data plan means no intermenets

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 01:33 AM
    Optus and i have data yes
    how do u active the pin??
    11-06-09 05:36 AM
    Optus and i have data yes
    how do u active the pin??
    options/advanced options/host routing table

you need to see if the pin has been removed from the previous carrier then go to BlackBerry Internet Service and register through there
    Last edited by slushie_jazzman; 11-11-09 at 10:13 PM.
    11-07-09 03:57 PM
    You need BIS/ BES fro your carrier for data usage on BB.
    11-22-09 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD