Hi there guys and girls!

I have a blackberry 8820 with keylock set....and some how i dont know how the **** its happened my keyboard has changed to arab, theifore i cant enter the keylock password as its in arab....how can i change it back or put it to english so i can at least enter the password and change the language back to english.

I have entered the password so many times wrong it wants me to write blackberry...but same problem...cant write blackberry in arab.

Please help its my buiseness phone and im F()?d without it.

Thanks in advance.
    02-01-08 11:53 AM
    You can have your admin reset the password for you or remove it all together. Hope this help!
    02-05-08 03:20 PM
    ADmin?....but I am admin....i set up the password.....I dont quite know what you mean....can you explain how to do what it is your sudgesting...?

Cheers!
    02-06-08 02:00 AM
    hold alt and push the enter key. the available languages will show up. while still holding alt, use the trackball to select the desired language from the list, then release alt. hope it helps! good luck!
    02-06-08 03:19 PM
    My blackberry is keylocked.......

When i push ANY key on the keyboard it says....keyboard is locked and leaves me with 3 options:

unlock
    emergency call
    cancel

when i click on unlock my keyboard has changed to ARAB so i cant enter the password...cos i dont know the relation with the keyboard and the letters to write the password.......

i have tried entering the password wrong ten time and now is says write blackbery ive tried entering that wrong a million times and it wont reset or do anything........

hasnt this happened to anyone before....im not getting anywhere with this....

is there now way to force a reset or wipe the device and install the sw again?
    02-12-08 04:54 AM
    Not trying to sound like a smart*** here, but do you know anyone who speaks the language? Seriously - that may be your only option. Or try translating you password to Arabic from an online alphabet (there are several online).

I would imagine for security purposes that BB is not going to make it possible for you to reset the device. Otherwise, a user's BB could be easily accessed by a third party.

Good luck.
    02-12-08 06:26 AM
    I tried that...one of my workers speaks it ....but not even she could unlock it.....

But i have fixed it now, i plugged it in to my pc and entered the password wrong more then ten time and it wiped my blackberry....sorted...with someone had told me this before hehehe...they had mentioned wipeing it but not from the pc.

thanks anyway!
    02-12-08 07:30 AM
    sorry, I just had to laugh at this one. I'll shutup now.
    02-15-08 11:29 AM
    hold alt and push the enter key. the available languages will show up. while still holding alt, use the trackball to select the desired language from the list, then release alt. hope it helps! good luck!
    when I tried Alt+Enter, what is does it actually lock the keyboard, not displaying the available language
    02-17-08 09:03 AM
    I'm using an Arabic enabled keypad...
    try these steps:
    1- press "unlock"
    2- press "alt" (keep pressing)
    3- press "enter" (one time)
    4- move the selection line to "English" with the track ball
    5- to select the language, release "alt" key
    6- Enter your password
    7- problem solved (I hope so )

good luck
    03-03-08 01:56 AM
    But i have fixed it now, i plugged it in to my pc and entered the password wrong more then ten time and it wiped my blackberry....sorted...with someone had told me this before hehehe...they had mentioned wipeing it but not from the pc.

I experience a comparable problem: my keyboard suddenly only accepts numerics, whereas my passwords in in letters. And it is locked, so a comparable catch 22.

So via the computer I type in the wrong password ten times, but what then....? Do I dare to risk it....?

Thanks for your answers!
    07-21-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD