i have an 8820 for tmobile that used before my service was shut off...

now i have an 8830 we thats flashed to cricket...

i plugged it in to have the settings i had on the old phone...now the browser has disappeared and when i go to the browser it wont work...

now i have some ?'s that i need help with....

by doing a full reset of the phone...basically making it to day one on this phone will it take off my flash that has been put on the phone for cricket service...

and is there a way to reset the web back to normal if the settings are altered to my old phones settings...

any and all help would be appreciated...thx!
    09-19-09 09:53 PM
    It will return your phone to the basic operating system.
    That being said, it will be whatever OS was last installed on your phone.
    But from what I found out on Cricket's site, they do not support blackberry which may be the whole reason you are having trouble.
    09-19-09 10:07 PM
    thing is the phone is making calls and receiving pix...web was working but since i backed up the whole phone (tmobile) and then restored it on the cricket phone the web went away...i can only send/receive calls and txts...

so by doing a reset im trying to wonder if its gonna take the flash off...
    09-19-09 10:11 PM
    Wow! You were getting pics! I can't do that with mine.
    I still think the lack of web has to do with the network not supporting blackberry.
    Check to see if it has a PIN number under the status.
    Blackberry uses that as a network id and ties into the provider.
    Calls and Text both work over the calling capability of the phone which has nothing to do with web access. The later runs on the 3G portion of the network.
    I would guess that since Cricket doesn't support Blackberry that their network isn't programmed for blackberry access.
    09-19-09 10:20 PM
    ok...what about resetting the phone back to day one? will it take the flashing i put on it or would i have to get it reflashed again...yea it takes pix, at first it will say to go to the site so u can c it but then maybe a couple hours later it will show the actual pic...
    09-19-09 10:22 PM
    The flashing I would assume is a generic OS from RIM that is not provider specific.
    No you would still have that on there and it will take something like JL_CMDR to get rid of it. It will wipe any personal data off the phone.
    09-19-09 10:26 PM
    so then my cricket program will still be on there...
    09-19-09 10:27 PM
    probably not.
    The cricket program is not a blackberry operating system so it will be gone.
    Like I said, it will return the phone to the basic OS.
    I am saying this because I cannot find any blackberry OS on the cricket site, so there would still have to be something underneath that.
    Not being able to see the phone, some of this is conjecture, but I am not aware of a blackberry that will function without a blackberry os(flash)
    09-19-09 10:32 PM
    thanks alot for the help! i got the problem solved
    09-19-09 10:34 PM
    Good! what did you end up doing?
    09-19-09 10:37 PM
    well i went through the process again as somone had posted online here...and everything but since i plugged it in to restore my old phones settings it took it back to sprint settings...so i have a guy whos gonna fix it for me monday...ill get everything working again plus messenger
    09-20-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD