Thought that first line would get ya! Yes I did do something stupid. I have a BB curve and my daughter just got one. She wanted all my contacts so I thought I would simply back up my phone onto hers, using the desktop manager, and then simply remove my "stuff" (ie email accounts, profiles, that sort of thing) I cannot gt all that off and now allmy stuff is going to her phone rather than mine as apparently Verizon thinks she is me. How do I take hers back to the original settings or take mine off so that she can keep all my contacts but set the phone up for her. HELP!
    10-01-08 10:27 AM
    Options/Security/General then hit Menu and Wipe Handheld. Follow the directions on the screen. Then go into your BIS account via this link https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and make sure the PIN and IMEI/ESN is that of your phone which you can get by clicking ALT+SHIFT+H.

Then when this is all done, you can simply go into Backup/Restore Advanced on Desktop Manager and just restore the Contacts database on her phone, NOT all of the databases in the backup.
    10-01-08 11:15 AM
    What is the BIS account?
    10-01-08 11:49 AM
    From the hme screen I hit alt shift H and the BB simply wants to dial the number stored under H. What am I doing wrong?
    Also, Thank you so much!! I hve been pulling my hair out over this, you are a godsend!
    10-01-08 11:52 AM
    It worked perfectly! Thank you so much, I am back in my daughter's good graces due to you (and that is not easy!)
    10-01-08 12:13 PM
    From the hme screen I hit alt shift H and the BB simply wants to dial the number stored under H. What am I doing wrong?
    Also, Thank you so much!! I hve been pulling my hair out over this, you are a godsend!
    Hold down (L)ALT+(L)SHIFT and then hit H.
    10-01-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD