Can anyone help me with installing Google Maps for 8800. I dont have a BB data service so have to install via Desktop Manager. Any help would be much appreciated.
    07-02-08 09:40 AM
    Well I'm not either, so I'm here to listen too
    07-03-08 12:37 AM
    Welcome to CB. I believe you will need the data service to install it.
    07-03-08 12:39 AM
    You mean BES or BIS? I have EDGE/GPRS dataplan as well as Wifi with my Carrier: TeliaSonera in Denmark.
    07-03-08 12:42 AM
    Yeah if you don't have a data plan, then Google Maps isn't going to be able to retrieve any map information, which it gets from the internet.
    07-03-08 12:43 AM
    I am using Google Mail and Opera Mini via GPRS. Its just the BB will only load OTA programs via its own dataplan/service book (which I dont have). If I had the JAD file for Google Maps I can extract and load via desktop manager. If anyone has the .JAD file for 8800 please post. Many thanks
    07-03-08 03:04 AM
    rjpa, I have found the files needed and it took me just 2 miniutes to load. I cant post links yet but if you PM me I can send you the link.

Matt
    07-03-08 04:47 AM
    Here are the files for Google Maps manual install. For OS 4.2 and up.

Attachment 2593
    07-03-08 06:03 AM
    I am using Google Mail and Opera Mini via GPRS. Its just the BB will only load OTA programs via its own dataplan/service book (which I dont have). If I had the JAD file for Google Maps I can extract and load via desktop manager. If anyone has the .JAD file for 8800 please post. Many thanks
    So what you are really saying is that you have a carrier data plan rather than a BB data plan? You didn't do a very good job of explaining this.
    07-03-08 10:36 AM
    Yes I am using my 8800 on a standard non Blackberry data service GPRS. As you know you can only download OTA products on a BB data plan. Any OTA products need to be loaded manually via desktop if you use standard Edge/GPRS data connection. My previous post has the Google Map files for loading manually. Sorry for the confusion.
    07-03-08 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD