Can anyone help me figure out why my emails are dissappearing from my device? I have tried blackberry customer support several times, and anything they have suggested has done no good. This problem only started after I upgraded my device to the 4.5 OS - Now, I have two problems- some messages are not getting sent to my device, and then once they are there, they disappear whenever they feel like it - a few hours to a few days...I need to rely on the messages when I am away from the office, and be able to refer back to older messages! CS has uninstalled and reinstalled my emails several times, and nothing seems to fix it - I hope someone out there has the magic fix for me!!
    04-05-10 11:35 AM
    I've had the same thing happen. I just thought I had hit the wrong button or mistakenly deleted the email myself...guess that may not be the case.
    04-06-10 06:08 PM
    Not sure if it the same for the 8800 series, but on the old curves, 8300 series, once memory dropped below a certain level the device would delete old mail and calendar appointments to buffer itself from excessive memory drop to keep it running and not freeze up. It has happened to me before on that device. Memory might be the culprit here. Do you have a lot of apps installed? Are you closing them down properly?
    04-06-10 06:13 PM
    The 8800 series is as vulnerable to low memory as the 8300 series. Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below about 10 000 000 bytes, the phone may start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File Free Memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 10 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has.
    04-06-10 08:01 PM
    Guys, I have the same issue. My memory is showing sufficient levels. My texts and call log are not deleting, just emails.

I'll receive work emails throughout the day, and then they will disappear?

I don't have an email (other than a few of the dozens rec'd today) on my blackberry after Feb 22nd.

I am on the road a fair amount and this is killing me. Any help?

I feel like I messed with settings a while back that may have triggered something, but I can't find that menu anymore. Something about "delete on blackberry, delete from inbox" or something.

What I was trying to have it do when I was messing with the settings was if I replied to an email on my BB, I wanted it to copy it to my outlook sent folder as well. When I open outlook and see older emails, I can't tell if I responded or not.

Two different issues, but the deleting email mystery is the most dire!! Thanks for any assistance.
    03-15-11 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD