i need help downloading opera mini. i have tried 4 time from my BB and 3 times from the PC to load it with the desktop manager. it just keeps taking me through the same steps of picking what carrier and phone i have and then when i click on download, nothing happens?

as far as AIM goes, ive tried to download it from the blackberry site itself and it said that only tmobile and verizon were supported i think. is there any way i can get it for my phone since i have Us Cellular

thanks in advance
    02-05-08 06:59 PM
    For Opera Mini, try this from your BB (works fine on my Curve):
    Go to-Options-Advance Options-TCP-in the APN field, type and save, wap.voicestream.com. This should work.

And I don't have AIM downloaded. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 07:37 PM
    Go to-Options-Advance Options-TCP-in the APN field, type and save, wap.voicestream.com. This should work.

02-05-08 07:38 PM

Dead wrong. He's not asking for connection help. He's asking how to download and install it on the BB.

Do this, go in to the BB Browser and Menu Options. Check in there on one of the screens and make sure your EMULATION IS SET AS BLACKBERRY, not as IE, or whatever else there is. It MUST BE Blackberry. Then to go www.operamini.com on the BB and you'll see the simple OTA Download link.

It doesn't get any easier then that. The problem is people don't have their emulation set right so the OperaMini website doesn't auto-switch to BB WAP.
    02-05-08 09:37 PM
    thanks so much for the advice ill try it a little bit later.....

P.S. its not a he im a SHE..ha
    02-05-08 10:10 PM
    Ooh irony.
    02-05-08 10:24 PM
    Ooh irony.
    You said it.
    02-06-08 10:02 AM
    AIM for blackberry wont install on my bberry either. It says my device doesnt meet system requirements

Maybe Verizon doesnt allow me to do it?
    02-06-08 10:11 AM
    ok so i was able to download both the newest version of opera and opera 3. they both were unable to connect to the internet. i did switch my browser config back to BB only and STILL NADA. any ideas?
    02-06-08 11:03 AM
    You may need to configure your APN settings. However I don't see your carrier in the list of carrier apn settings. You could give your carrier a call and ask.
    02-06-08 12:52 PM
    You may need to configure your APN settings. However I don't see your carrier in the list of carrier apn settings. You could give your carrier a call and ask.
    Stop giving this info out for anyone using CDMA Blackberries please. If you mess with the APN settings on the 8830 (from any carrier) it will mess up access from 3rd party apps to the Web. Even if you go back and blank everything out it still won't work. You'll need to backup the data on the BB and do a system wipe from the security menu. Once that's done, restore the data and try again with Opera. Don't mess with your APN settings after that.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to do an OS wipe and reload the OS, but I think a user reported that just a data wipe was sufficient, but when I fixed mine (since I found this bug myself a few months ago) I fixed it with an OS reload instead... just didn't try a simple wipe since I had to fix some other stuff.

Good luck.
    02-06-08 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD