I have been a BB fan for many years. I have had an Android and an iPhone, but BB is my all time favorite.

So I bought an 8820 off of Ebay. Right off the bat, I notice that the phone was used on Enterprise. During the setup I tried to put in my home email address and it wouldn't let me. The only option that I had was to put in an Enterprise email or skip email setup.

I went to AT&T and bought a prepaid sim card. Since I mostly am around Wifi (hence buying a wifi enable deivce), I opted out of buying the data package. However I have noticed that even when I am in a wifi area, I cannot log onto the internet whatsoever. I keep getting an error code that says "your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries." I contacted AT&T and the tech support told me that my phone knows that there isn't data support on my sim card and I won't be able to access the internet (even on wifi) without a data package.

So here are my problems:

1. cannot connect to the internet, even on wifi.
    2. the phone won't send/receive sms messages.
    3. I can't put in my home email accout (gmail).
    4. I can't download any apps at all.

If anyone can help me with this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. I really love this phone and don't want to give it up and go back to my iPhone. Thanks!
    04-07-12 01:20 PM
    You can remove the IT Policy using this procedure, created by Forums Moderator Pete6: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone. That will let you enter a personal email address. That also might enable SMS, if they are blocked by the IT Policy.

I've never used a BlackBerry without a data plan, so I'm not sure what you can do with a wifi connection and no plan.
    04-08-12 07:38 AM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan.

AT&T does not offer BlackBerry Data on Pre-Paid.
    04-08-12 07:41 AM
    Thanks for the input!! I appreciate it very much!!
    04-08-12 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD