I spent 6 hours on the phone with sprint and RIM today with no help at all. They all are lost with my issue.
    I have a 8830 and my wife has a CURVE, both sprint, both on the same plan, etc.
    All has been been fine untill last night. I dissapeared out of my wifes messenger contacts......sort of. I deleted her off my contacts and resent the invite, she gets it, accepts, then im invisable on here phone, BUT!!! she's on mine. I can start a messenger conversation with her and I pop up on her conversation list, but not as a contact.
    Same thing happens no matter who send out a messenger invite, I allways become invisable on her phone. I tried both ways of sending it on both phones, Both have been wiped clean and re booted via desktop manager.

Heres my PIN# 31D71588 in case anybody wants to try it out and see if I can dissapear on theres as well, or if you can help me solve this.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by SWFL-BERRYGUY; 01-03-09 at 02:52 PM. Reason: forgot pin
    01-03-09 02:47 PM
    Maybe try uninstalling BB msger from both phones, Options>adv options>application highlight and delete then use app loader in bb desktop mang to reinstall it.
    01-03-09 04:28 PM
    Did that. Both phones were wiped clean and completly reinstalled all the software to include the BBIM
    01-03-09 08:52 PM
    also check to make sure she didnt put you into a contact group that is collapsed. expand all your groups to make sure you are not there.
    01-03-09 08:53 PM

Checked that allready. That was done at about hour 3 into my call with sprint.
    Keep it coming guys. All the guy at RIM said he has seen one similar case and it had to do with a bad or corrupt PIN...missing pieces of it or something like that. I have to call back on monday and speak to the higher ups over at RIM.
    01-03-09 09:37 PM
    have her add you into a particular group from her end.

so delete her from your messenger, have her to send the invitation to you via PIN (not email as this causes other issues) and have you accept. after that have her start typing your name at the top of messenger, and it should auto show you in her contact list (filters her contacts to only you). After that she can start a conversation and try and invite you to the conversation, this would show you in the contact list as well. If none of these work, get sprint to replace her device.
    01-03-09 09:39 PM
    I agree with Sith...
    01-03-09 09:40 PM
    Will try it first thing in the AM. Thanks guys. Ill update my results once I try it.
    01-03-09 09:57 PM
    Alll good!! I erased my email from her phone, sent a request from her to mine with a PIN request for the messenger. First time I got some weired error code that said something about 7 was greater than 5 ?
    Worked on try 2. Thanks again guys!!
    01-04-09 09:34 AM
    Excellent glad it is not working. Sounds like one of you had an error in the application. You might want to do backups now just in case it happens again. Also check to see if you are running the latest OS to make sure you are up to date with fixes.
    01-04-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD